Enquire about "Cat® C7.1 Diesel Engine" Now
Cat® C7.1 Diesel Engine
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Series turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & Oil
Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Exceptional power density enables standardization across numerous applications. Multiple installation options minimize total package size. Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
|Maximum Power||162 kW (217 HP)|
|Maximum Torque||900 Nm @ 1400 rpm (663 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm)|
|Rated Speed||1950-2200 rpm|
|Minimum Power||112 kW (150 HP)|
|Emissions||China Nonroad Stage III, UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA|
|Engine Configuration||Inline 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle|
|Bore||105 mm (4.1 in)|
|Stroke||135 mm (5.3 in)|
|Displacement||7.01 l (427.7 inu00b3)|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)|
|Combustion System||Direct Injection|
|Rotation from Flywheel End||Counterclockwise|
|Engine Dimensions - Approximate|
|Length||1140 mm (44.9 in)|
|Width||720 mm (28.4 in)|
|Height||820 mm (32.3 in)|
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||507 kg (1118 lb)|
- Air Inlet
- Standard air cleaners
- Cooling System
- Top tank temperature 108°C (226°F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size, 50:50 water glycol mix, detailed guidance on cooling system design and validation available to ensure machine reliability
- Exhaust System
- Diesel particulate filter and regeneration system supplied, with a range of inlet and outlet options
- Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, including SAE1, SAE2 or SAE3 configurations
- Lube System
- Wide choice of sumps for different applications
- Power Take Off
- SAE A or SAE B flanges on left-hand side. Right- hand side twin PTO also available. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications, factory fitted compressors are also available.
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request