Enquire about "794 AC Mining Truck" Now
- Greater visibility thanks to wide field of view from the cab.
- Safer access and egress with standard 600 mm) (24 in) wide ladders, flat deck, toe kicks, and optional power access stair attachment.
- Confidence-building features such as anti-rollback, traction controls, park brake warning when exiting the cab and automatic retarder.
- Best braking in its class, with four-corner wet disc brakes with blended mechanical service brakes and dynamics, plus Automatic Retarding Control for easier and more efficient retarding.
- Ground-level system lockout, engine lockout and propulsion lockout (in ECM cabinet), VIMS monitoring, and stored energy dissipation at shutdown.
- Proven 90% physical availability.
- Significant speed advantage to move more over the course of a shift — or move the same amount of material with fewer trucks.
- Lower empty weight and higher-rated GMW for a higher-rated field payload vs. competitive trucks.
- Ease of operation and reduced costs thanks to integrated Cat engine, AC drive system, hydraulics and controls.
- Excellent slow speed control within the service areas and superior throttle response on acceleration to move out of the loading or dump areas.
- Ergonomic cab layout, excellent all-around visibility, and controls, levers and switches that are positioned for ease of use.
- Automatic climate control and reduced vibration and sound.
- Next generation seat with height adjuster, adjustable shoulder stock to keep the seatbelt from rubbing, and seat back, side and lumbar bolsters to increase stability.
- Proven in the field and working around the world — on four continents and in nine countries.
- Ideal for a variety of applications and ores: soft rock, hard rock, deep pit, and flat haul; low altitude, high altitude, high ambient, and cold weather.
- Optimized horsepower performance that makes it possible for the 794 to run in all areas of the mine — from deep pits to downhill hauls; from smooth, flat roads to areas of high rolling resistance — with the same engine.
- Higher horsepower available to boost productivity in deeper pits, and an easy adjustment to a lower horsepower that allows the 794 to better align with mixed fleets and keep fuel costs lower.
- Open engine access and platforms for service of engine, generator and inverter, plus ground-level filters and service.
- Component layout with minimized hydraulics, all hydraulic lines on one side, and electric wiring on the other side.
- Separate traction motors, brakes and final drives.
- Modular component design for easy removal and installation.
- AC grid blower motor designed for longer life and less maintenance, plus pressurized and filtered AC drive inverter that requires less maintenance.
DURABILITY AND LONG LIFE
- Highly validated and proven straight frame rail design that eliminates the bends and breaks that can occur at stress concentrations.
- Outstanding durability delivered by box section construction that uses Caterpillar proprietary steel specification for excellent welding characteristics.
- Increased frame life thanks to deep section main rails in critical areas of the frame lower stress levels.
- Frame, powertrain, engine and components that are built to be rebuilt — delivering multiple lives of like-new performance at a fraction-of-new price.
PROVEN AC DRIVE & POWERTRAIN
- Reduced operating costs thanks to the integrated engine and powertrain 100% designed, validated and built by Caterpillar.
- Radial style retarding grid with AC electric motor that requires no regular motor maintenance and is quieter and lighter than box grids.
- AC Drive dynamic retarding for continuous retarding power, and an AC electric motor that reduces maintenance.
- State-of-the-art high voltage IGBTs for maximum AC drive system efficiency, and a dual-bearing brushless alternator that delivers long life and less maintenance, with no shimming required.
- Variable hydraulic blower fan, which provides optimized cooling even at idle for increased component performance and life.
- Designed to use less fuel, which reduces engine emissions and carbon footprint.
- Optional U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage V engine, which reduces NOx by 62% and particulates by 93% when compared to Tier 1 emissions.
- Reduced waste thanks to Centrifugal Oil Filter (COF), Enhanced Engine Oil Filtration (EEOF) package, standard self-cleaning engine filter, extended oil change intervals and reduced oil usage.
- Engines compatible with diesel fuel blended with lower-carbon intensity fuels such as biofuels and renewable fuels, plus power options like trolley.
- Cat Rebuild and Cat Reman programs, which preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions.
- Equipped with standard Product Link™ Elite monitoring system, which delivers health and payload information to keep performance high and enable proactive maintenance planning.
- Factory-ready for fully integrated Cat MineStar™ Command for hauling, an autonomous hauling solution proven to increase productivity up to 30%.
- Optional MineStar Fleet, a fleet monitoring system, to measure, manage and maximize the overall hauling operation.
- Optional MineStar Detect proximity detection system, which uses cameras to give operators a better view of what’s happening around their equipment.
- Optional in-cab Cat Driver Safety System (DSS) intervenes when operator fatigue or distraction are detected.
- Bodies designed to fit with the chassis, sized to meet payload requirements and work as part of the truck system.
- High Efficiency (HE) dump body option that is lightweight, simplified and durable.
- With unique minimal structure design, HE body provides long life while minimizing weight for increased payload.
- HE body sized and configured to meet the specific needs of the mine, dictated by fragmentation, abrasion, cohesion and the loading tool.
- POWER TRAIN
- C175-16 Diesel Engine
– Turbocharging (4)/aftercooled
– Air to air after cooler (ATAAC)
– Air cleaner (4) with precleaner
– Elevated low idle control
– Multi-point oil pressure sensing
- Braking system:
– Brake release towing
– Oil-cooled, multi-disc (front and rear) (service, retarding, parking, secondary)
– Automatic Retarder Control
– Electric dynamic retarding with blended low speed
– Extended life brake disc material
- Cat AC drive train:
– IGBT controlled AC induction motors
– AC generator
– AC cooled radial grid
- Body-up reverse neutralizer
- Programmable top speed
- Rear axle continuous lube/filtration
- Reverse shift inhibitor
- Directional shift management
- Neutral coast inhibitor
- Body-up shift inhibitor
- Neutral start inhibitor
- C175-16 Diesel Engine
- Alarm, backup
- Brushless alternator 150 amp charging
- Batteries – 12V (8) 90 amp hour
- Converter, 12V electrical
- Electrical system, 24V, 10, 15, 20 amp fuses and breakers
- Battery charge receptacle
- Lighting, signals/service:
– Halogen lighting package
– Backup and hazard lighting
– Directional signals (front and rear LED)
– Front stair access/service deck
– Stop/tail lights (LED)
– Engine compartment
– Inverter energy LED warning lights
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air conditioner
- 12V DC power supply (1)
- Cup holder (2)
- Diagnostic connection port
- Dome courtesy light
- Entertainment radio ready:
– 20 amp switched/10 amp memory converter
– Speakers, and wiring harnesses
- Gauge panel:
– Hydraulic oil temperature
– Engine coolant temperature
– Fuel level
– DEF level (Tier 4 / Stage V only)
– Electric engine control fault indicator
– Electric hour meter
– VIMS message center advisor
- Storage space behind seat
- ROPS cab, insulated/sound suppressed
- Seat, operator, air suspension
- Seatbelt, operator, three points
- Seat, trainer, air suspension
- Seatbelt, trainer, two point
- Steering wheel, tilt, telescopic
- Tinted glass
- Window, electric powered, operator/passenger
- Wiper, windshield, intermittent control and washer
- Fixed access ladder
- Extended life coolant to –35° C (–30° F)
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Traction control system
- Auxiliary “buddy” dumping quick connect
- Auxiliary steering quick connect (towing)
- Rotating component guards
- Fast fill fuel system (LH and RH side)
- Fast fill DEF system (RH side) – Tier 4 / Stage V only
- Fuel filter with water separator
- Ground level battery lockout
- Machine lockout
- Engine start lockout
- ECM cabinet lockout
- Ground level engine shut-down
- Rock ejectors (chain)
- Tow hooks and pin (front)
- Tow pin (rear) (empty truck only)
- Coolant level gauge (on radiator)
- Automatic lubrication system
- S•O•S℠ sample points (hydraulic, cooling, engine)
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- 2050 kW (2,750 hp) and 2312 kW (3,100 hp) options available
- HAA arrangements available
- Throttle lock
- Timer, engine shutdown
- Body heat exhaust
- Gel batteries (8)
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) lighting package
- LED lighting package
- Fog lights
- LED work lights
- English or Metric gauges
- Payload, digital display
- Powered access ladder
- Inverter platform
- Fast fill fuel system (front and right)
- Rims: Six (6) position and quick change
- ANSI and ISO service instructions
- Retarding indicator light
- Cab pedestal for additional display
- Radio/CD player
- Front bumper center tow attachment
- Brake wear indicator tool
- Coolant –50° C (–58° F)
- HE dump body rock box liner
- HE dump body canopy rock deflectors
- Heated mirrors (LH and RH)
- Rear axle oil cooler
- Standard accumulators and Australia/Canada certified accumulators
- Hot start, for cold weather
- Diesel fuel warmer
- Wheel chocks (ANSI or ISO)
- Portable fire extinguisher
- Murphy gauge
- High efficiency dump body
– 1543 kg/m³ (2,600 lb/yd³) density body
– 1721 kg/m³ (2,900 lb/yd³) density body
– 1839 kg/m³ (3,100 lb/yd³) density body
– 2076 kg/m³ (3,500 lb/yd³) density body
- Canopy extension
- Body rock box
- Side profile lighting
- Central service
- Language monitors – English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian, Latin, Lithuanian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Greek, Romanian, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Finnish, Danish, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnam, Malaysian, Chinese