Enquire about "745 Articulated Truck" Now
- Every Cat engine equivalent to Tier 2/Stage II is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components. The right technologies fine-tuned for the right applications result in:
- Proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreament components for peak performance, longevity and emissions control.
- Improved fuel economy.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
- Innovative air management optimizes airflow, power, efficiency and reliability.
- The Cat High Density Power Shift (HDPS) nine-speed forward/two-speed reverse transmission designed specifically for Articulated Trucks, features Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) and Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC) that deliver smooth gear changes with improved acceleration and higher productivity.* Gear shifts are configured to maintain direct drive lock-up and minimize dropping into converter drive to maintain ground speed and gradeability.
- Large capacity torque converter ensures maximum power delivered to drive train.
- Engine compression brake improves retarding response and increases retarding power.
- Advanced Automatic Traction Control (AATC) proactively applies inter
- and cross-axle differential locks ‘on-the-go.’ Operators are freed from this function to concentrate on driving/loading/dumping. Sensors monitor the machine and wheel speeds, enabling instant response in high rolling resistance conditions. Operation is seamless and smooth, eliminating wheel slip for maximum traction and productivity.
- Clutches are automatically disengaged when ground conditions allow, maximizing efficiency when steering or when on uneven ground.
- AATC reduces tire and driveline abuse, eliminating lost machine efficiencies caused by improper manual operation of the differential clutches and reducing the tire wear.
- Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) automates the retarder for the operator. Like AATC, a number of machine operating aspects are monitored. If required, the engine compression brake is engaged automatically to control machine speed when descending a grade. The system can help towards eliminating engine overspeed, improving safe machine operation and reducing cycle times, yet still having the flexibility of manual control if needed.
- New Assisted Hoisting Control automates the dumping function. Flick the new body raise/lower switch and the machine will apply the service brakes, switch the transmission to neutral and raise the body at the required engine rpm. Lowering the dump body is done the same way, flick the switch and the machine will lower the body and place it in float.
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION
- All three axles promote stability using oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods. Operate at productive speeds with confidence while virtually eliminating impact loads on truck components.
- The front suspension oscillates controlled by large-bore, low-pressure cylinders to assist in a smooth ride. An A-frame with lateral tie rod controls sideways movement and aids stability.
- The rear suspension features a walking beam and long-life suspension mounts optimizing ride and load retention.
- New fully enclosed wet disc brake systems inside of axles keeps contaminants out extending machine life and ensuring uptime.
- Hill assist reduces potential ‘roll-back’ on grades. If an operator stops the machine on a grade, when taking his foot off the service brake pedal the machine will automatically hold the service brakes on for a number of seconds to prevent the machine from rolling backwards.
- Waiting brake applies the service brakes when neutral gear is selected, allowing quick and easy control of the machine at the load or dump area.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL
- Spacious cab delivers comfort all shift long and is 7dB quieter than prior model.
- Unique combination hoist/transmission lever is intuitive and enhances cycle times with fewer control movements.
- Trainer/passenger seat is fully padded with wide, retractable seat belt for security and comfort.
- New large side storage box is heated/cooled by the HVAC system.
- Air-suspension seat offers greater comfort, with a greater range of adjustments. Fore/aft isolation dramatically reduces vibrations and jolts. Every operator will find a adjustments to ensure comfort and control all shift long.
- Standard cooling/heating system ensures comfort in all conditions.
- Optional four-point seat belt is available to help operator stay in position and comfortable in rugged terrain.
- Integrated, wrap-around dash means all gauges and controls are easy to monitor and access. Automotive feel with Caterpillar’s renowned industrial strength.
- The updated touch screen dash mounted display allows the operator to monitor and adjust various levels of machine performance and condition, as well as machine warning categories. These include configuration settings, operator and machine totals, service information, various machine status parameters, machine payload information (when fitted), stability assist, and the video feed from the rearview camera.
- Optional Bluetooth™ entertainment system allows operator to stay in hands-free phone contact.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Box section front frame absorb is stiff to handle torque loads. Frame design decreases stress at the hitch and optimizes suspension geometry.
- Rear frame features twin-box construction minimizing stress points and enhancing service life.
- The articulating hitch provides the truck with steering articulation, and the oscillation ensures all-wheel ground contact in rough terrain.
- Field proven two-piece hitch construction features a durable cast steel head bolted to a hard wearing forged steel tube.
- Dump body design provides a large target area for consistent high-load carrying capacity increasing productivity. Diverging flow when dumping aids material flow out of the body maximizing productivity and avoiding carry-back.
- The output transfer gear distributes drive to the tractor and trailer and includes a wet clutch differential lock for optimum traction in poor underfoot conditions.
- The full power hydraulic brake system actuates enclosed, oil-immersed, multi-disc, multi-plate brakes with independent front and rear circuits and accumulators. This dual-circuit, all wheel braking system provides the braking performance required to support maximum productivity.
- The parking brake is located on the center axle in an elevated position, it is spring applied and hydraulically released.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Cat Product Link wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink user interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower costs.
- Cat Production Measurement brings payload weighing to the cab to help optimize job site efficiency and productivity. Operators can view real-time load weights on the integrated display and know precisely when target is achieved, while cab-mounted external payload lights on all four corners signal the loader operator when to stop, reducing the risk of machine overloading. Operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to truck payload weights, loads and cycle counts, and daily totals; or remotely via LINK technologies.
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist warns the operator if machine is approaching a pre-set angle during operation; when driving and tipping. If using the assisted hoist, the machine will stop hoisting the body and give an audible and visual warning. The system monitors angles of tractor, trailer and grade independently. This increases operator awareness of machine stability during operation. All tractor and/or trailer rollover events are logged and reported via VisionLink.
BECAUSE UPTIME COUNTS
- Caterpillar design, manufacturing and customer service help ensure peak performance and uptime.
- Long service intervals keep your machine operating.
- Lubrication points are grouped near the hitch for fast, easy routine maintenance.
- Universal joints are sealed and lubed for long life.
- Optional autolube system saves time and includes alerts via Product Link for low levels and fault codes.
- Radiator package is located behind the cab for protection and uses extended-life coolant to stretch change intervals.
- Electrical service center is located inside the cab and provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector for use with Electronic Technician (ET) software-equipped laptop computer.
- Easy access to transmission, drive shafts, hydraulic pumps and electrical and hydraulic interfaces provided with tilt-to-side cab and access panel.
- Service points are conveniently located on the left side of the engine, under the electrically raised hood.
- Complete customer support is the goal of your Cat dealership. From counsel of product selection, operating costs, operation, maintenance all the way to help with decisions on when and whether to replace or rebuild, your dealer is with you all the way.
MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- Caterpillar designs and functions with great concern for the environment.
- Cat C18 engine incorporates the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards. The system uses both Ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or up to B20 bio-diesel blended with ULSD.
- All Cat C Series Articulated Trucks are designed for long lifecycles with machines using reman components and machine rebuilds to maximize use of every part, minimizing waste.
- Volume of both hydraulic and engine oil systems has be reduced meaning less waste when oils are replaced.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Seat belt in use indicator (four-point seat belt available as an option)
- Operator presence detection (prevents gear engagement when operator is not seated)
- Additional mirror for front of machine visibility
- Cab mounted, wide angled, folding mirrors
- Heated mirrors (optional)
- Body raised visual indicator
- Cab integral Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Object Protection System (FOPS)
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering system automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed and can be manually selected for machine recovery purposes
- Extensive handrails
- External electrical system disconnect switch for easy access from outside of the machine
- Fire extinguisher in-cab mounting point
- Fully raised body locking pin
- Ground level external engine fuel cut-off switch provides easy access outside of the machine
- In-cab emergency brake switch (tertiary)
- Internal and external grab handles
- LED-flashing beacon (optional)
- Maximum speed limiter
- Multiple camera compatible
- New access lights
- Rearview camera system is fitted as standard
- Reversing indicator
- Slip resistant walkways
- punched steel plate
- The parking brake functions are spring applied and hydraulic released
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist
|Engine Model||Cat® C18 ACERT|
|Bore||145 mm (5.7 in)|
|Stroke||183 mm (7.2 in)|
|Displacement||18.1 l (1106 inu00b3)|
|Engine Model - Equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 2 and EU Stage II||Cat C18 ACERT|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||381 kW (511 HP)|
|Net Power - ISO 14396||376 kW (504 HP)|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||370 kW (496 HP)|
|Rated Payload||41 t (45.2 ton (US))|
|Heaped (SAE 2:1)||25 mu00b3 (32.7 ydu00b3)|
|Struck||18.5 mu00b3 (24.2 ydu00b3)|
|Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1||26.5 mu00b3 (34.7 ydu00b3)|
|Tailgate Struck||19.5 mu00b3 (25.5 ydu00b3)|
|Forward - 1||6.1 km/h (3.8 mile/h)|
|Forward - 2||8.1 km/h (5 mile/h)|
|Forward - 3||11.2 km/h (7 mile/h)|
|Forward - 4||14.1 km/h (8.8 mile/h)|
|Forward - 5||18.7 km/h (11.6 mile/h)|
|Forward - 6||22.9 km/h (14.2 mile/h)|
|Forward - 7||31.5 km/h (19.6 mile/h)|
|Reverse - 1||6.4 km/h (4 mile/h)|
|Reverse - 2||14.6 km/h (9.1 mile/h)|
|Interior Cab||72 dB(A) (72 dB(A))|
|Center Axle - Empty||7022 kg (15481 lb)|
|Center Axle - Loaded||24572 kg (54172 lb)|
|Center Axle - Rated Load||17550 kg (38691 lb)|
|Front Axle - Empty||19161 kg (42243 lb)|
|Front Axle - Loaded||25061 kg (55250 lb)|
|Front Axle - Rated Load||5900 kg (13007 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Empty||6760 kg (14903 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Loaded||24310 kg (53594 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Rated Load||17550 kg (38691 lb)|
|Total - Empty||32943 kg (72627 lb)|
|Total - Loaded||73943 kg (163016 lb)|
|Total - Rated Load||41000 kg (90390 lb)|
|Type||High Strength Brinell HB450 Wear Resistant Steel|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||550 l (145.3 gal (US))|
|Cooling System||90 l (23.7 gal (US))|
|Engine Crankcase||52 l (13.7 gal (US))|
|DEF Tank||25 l (5.3 gal (US))|
|Steering/Hoist Hydraulic System||140 l (36.9 gal (US))|
|Transmission - OTG||75 l (19.8 gal (US))|
|Brake Cooling Tank||67 l (17.69 gal (US))|
|Raise (automatic)||13 s (13 s)|
|Raise (manual)||12 s (12 s)|
|Lock to Lock||4.8 seconds @ 60 rpm|
|Brakes||ISO 3450 u2013 2011|
|Cab - FOPS||ISO 3449 Level II|
|Cab - ROPS||ISO 3471 u2013 2008|
|Steering||ISO 5010 u2013 2007|
|Note||Dimensions are for machines equipped with 29.5R25 tires.|
|Turning Dimensions - Aisle Width||5917 mm (233 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Clearance Radius||9082 mm (356 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Inside Radius||4413 mm (174 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - SAE Turning Radius||8625 mm (340 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Steer Angle - Left/Right||45u00b0|
|Forward - 8||37.9 km/h (23.5 mile/h)|
|Lower (automatic)||10 s (10 s)|
|Lower (manual)||10 s (10 s)|
|Base||14 mm (0.55 in)|
|Chute||14 mm (0.55 in)|
|Front||7 mm (0.28 in)|
|Side||11 mm (0.43 in)|
|Emissions||Equivalent to Tier 2/Stage II.|
|No Engine De-rating Required Below||3050 m (10000 ft)|
|Note (1)||The power ratings apply at rated speed of 1,700 rpm when tested under the conditions for the specified standard.|
|Note (2)||The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, muffler and fan at minimum speed.|
|Note (3)||Net power when the fan is at maximum speed is 348 kW (467 hp) per the SAE reference conditions.|
|Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)||2618 N·m (1931 ft·lbf)|
|Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349)||2558 N·m (1887 ft·lbf)|
|Peak Engine Torque Speed||1200 r/min (1200 r/min)|
|Optimal Loader/Truck Pass Matching|
|Hydraulic Excavator: 374 - Passes||5|
|Hydraulic Excavator: 390 - Passes||4|
|Note||An optimum system match gives you a major productivity advantage. Having matched loading and hauling tools results in increased production and lower system costs per unit of volume moved.|
|Wheel Loader: 972 - Passes||4-5|
|Wheel Loader: 980 - Passes||4-5|
|Wheel Loader: 982 - Passes||4|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Axles - Each||60 l (15.8 gal (US))|
|Final Drive - Each||5 l (1.3 gal (US))|
|Note (1)||The operator sound exposure Leq (equivalent sound pressure level) measured according to the work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98 is 76 dB(A), for the cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with the doors and windows closed.|
|Note (2)||Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in noisy environments.|
|Forward - 9||54.8 km/h (34 mile/h)|
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air conditioning with R134A refrigerant
- Adjustable air vents
- Combined gear selection and hoist control lever
- Glass windows:
– Front, laminated and tinted
– Sides and rear, toughened and tinted
- Heater and defroster with variable speed fan
- Mirrors: extensive arrangement for improved visibility
- Machine operation monitoring system includes:
– Action lamp
– Engine oil pressure
– Primary steering system
– Left and right turn signal
– High beam
– Coolant temperature
– Parking brake
– Fuel level
– Transmission oil temperature
– Brake system
– Transmission hold
– Hoist control
– Hydraulic system
– Charging system
– Transmission fault
– Traction control system
– Check engine lamp
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD):
– Alert indicator
– Selected gear and direction
– Speed or auto shift
– Review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM)
– Primary steering failure
– Seat belt warning
– Secondary steering failure
– Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration filter
– Machine Security System (MSS)
– Secondary steering energy source engaged
– Hour meter
– Retarder active
– Fully adjustable, air suspension
– Padded trainer with lap belt
- Secondary steering – electro hydraulic
– Cup holder
– Flask receptacle
– Under seat storage
– Door pocket
– Behind seat storage
– Coat hook
- Sun visor
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Touch screen display incorporating the rearview camera video feed
- Two seat belts, operator’s retractable
- Windows opening side, tinted
- Window blinds
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed, intermittent (front)
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed (rear)
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Product Link: PL631 (satellite) or PL641 (cellular) dependent on location and licensing agreement
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Batteries (two) maintenance free
- Electrical system: 24-volt, 5A 24- to 12-volt converter
- Lighting systems:
– Cab interior
– Two head lamps
– Two width marker
– Two reversing
– Work light
– Two stop/tail lights
– Front and rear direction indicators
- Main disconnect switch
- Remote starting receptacle (cables not included)
- POWER TRAIN
- Auto shift nine-speed forward and two reverse transmission
- Cat C18 ACERT engine
- Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) and exhaust aftertreatment package
- Differentials: standard with automatic clutched inter- and cross-axle differential locks
- Dual circuit oil immersed, enclosed brakes – all wheels
- Retarder: engine compression brake
- Three axle, six-wheel drive
- Reverse alarm
- Rearview camera
- ROPS/FOPS cab
- Rear window
- Front dump body spill guard, integral part of fabricated body
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Mud flaps: wheel arch and body mounted with transportation tiebacks
- S·O·S sampling valves
- Tires, six 29.5R25, radial
- Vandalism protection: lockable caps for fuel tank and hydraulic oil tank
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Auto lube installation for automatic greasing of bearings
- Bare chassis (no body) standard wheel base
- Bare chassis (no body) long wheel base
- Body liners
- Bluetooth radio stereo system
- Cat Production Measurement payload monitoring system
- Cold weather coolant –51° C (–60° F)
- Cold weather start attachment
- Engine block heater
- Ether start
- Exhaust heated body
- Fast fuel fill
- Fender extension
- Flashing LED beacon
- Four-point seat belt
- Fuel additive – anti-waxing
- Heated rearview motorized mirrors
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Product Link Elite: PLE631 (satellite), PLE641 (cellular)
- Roof mounted High Intensity Discharge (HID) work lights
- Scissor tailgate
- Seat (deluxe) heated/cooled, half leather, air adjustable lumbar and air adjustable bolsters
- Sound suppression
- 875/65 R29 wide tires