Enquire about "24 Motor Grader" Now
- The improved power train rebuild life, new modular design and new machine protection features can save you up to 2,400 servicing hours over the life of the machine.*
- Cat C27 ACERT™ engine, 533 mm (21 in) transmission and lower power train provide 33 percent additional machine life before needing to be rebuilt.**
- New, innovative main component modular design means they can be removed and installed quicker and easier. Transmission and cooling package can be removed up to 70 percent faster than the 24M.
- Fluid Service Center provides single location at ground level for access to engine, transmission, hydraulic oil and coolant. This feature, along with clustered filters and extended service intervals, saves you maintenance time and operating costs.
- Hoses and electrical harnesses are split at easily accessible bulkhead locations allowing your service technicians to work with smaller sections easier and faster.
- Ok-to-Start and Critically Low Fluid monitoring systems protect your machine by providing electronic verification of fluid levels and alerting you when low fluid levels are detected, protecting your machine.
- Cat C27 ACERT engine provides enhanced altitude capabilities with no derate up to 3048 m (10,000 ft) for U.S. EPA Tier 4/EU Stage IV emission standards and 4572 m (15,000 ft) for equivalent Tier 2/Stage II emissions.
- An 11 percent weight increase helps provide more traction and blade down pressure than the 24M.
- Consistent Power-to-the-Ground changes real-time engine power levels to offset cooling fan losses resulting in best performance at all times independent of ambient conditions.
- Fifteen tie-off points located around engine enclosure and cab provide secure tie off hooks protecting you and your technicians when performing service operations.
- Optional Working at Heights package adds an extra layer of safety by providing handrails and hand holds to improve access and safety.
- The 24 is a Fire Suppression-Ready machine which means you can easily install a fire suppression system to further protect your investment.
- Standard rearview camera provides better visibility from the cab to behind the machine while optional front-facing cameras provide enhanced forward and side visibility.
- Standard seat belt indicator provides visual/audible alerts when the seat belt is not in use. The 24 is pre-wired so you can easily install a beacon on top of the cab to indicate seat belt usage.
- The 24 features asset protection and performance-improving technologies including: engine overspeed/underspeed, second generation steering system, articulation eStop, ripper auto stow, implements lock out and circle angle limits, to name a few.
- Standard Cat GRADE with Cross Slope improves operator productivity and haul road quality and durability by helping maintain desired cross slope for appropriate water drainage by automatically controlling one side of the blade.
- The Cat 24 is MineStar™ ready and includes Cat Product Link™ Elite and VIMS™ to help optimize equipment management, remote monitoring capabilities, machine availability and component life while reducing both repair cost and the risk of a catastrophic failure.
*Life assumed is 64,000 hours.
**24 power train rebuild life target is 16,000 hours.
|Base Power (1st gear) - Net||399 kW (535 hp)|
|Engine Model||Cat C27 ACERT|
|Bore||137.2 mm (5.4 in)|
|Stroke||152.4 mm (6 in)|
|Speed @ Rated Power||1,000 rpm|
|Emissions||Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Equivalent to Tier 2/Stage II|
|Peak Net Torque||3277 N·m (2417 lbf-ft)|
|Number of Cylinders||12|
|Base Power (1st gear) u2013 Net (Tier 4)||399 kW (535 hp)|
|Maximum Altitude at Full Power (Tier 4)||3048 m (10000 ft)|
|Maximum Altitude at Full Power (Tier 2)||4572 m (15000 ft)|
|Standard u2013 Fan Speed||1,325 rpm|
|Standard Capability||50 u00b0 C (122 u00b0 F)|
|Displacement||27.03 L (1648 in3)|
|Note||Net power is tested per ISO 9249, SAE J1349, and EEC 80/1269 Standards in effect at the time of manufacture.|
|Note||Optimized VHP Plus is standard for the 24.|
|Note||Net power advertised is the power available at rated speed of 1,800 rpm, measured at the flywheel when engine is equipped with fan, air cleaner, muffler and alternator.|
|Note||Power as declared per ISO 14396. Rated rpm 1,800 (561 hp)|
|Operating Weight - Typically Equipped||73344 kg (161695 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Base*: Total||71563 kg (157769 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Base*: Front Axle||19894 kg (43858 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Base*: Rear Axle||51669 kg (113910 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Typically Equipped: Total||73344 kg (161695 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Typically Equipped: Front Axle||20169 kg (44466 lb)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight u2013 Typically Equipped: Rear Axle||53125 kg (117229 lb)|
|Blade Width||7.3 m (24 ft)|
|Blade Height||1025 mm (40 in)|
|Thickness||50 mm (2 in)|
|Front Frame Structure|
|Circle u2013 Outer Diameter||2631 mm (104 in)|
|Front Axle u2013 Wheel Lean, Left/Right||18u00b0|
|Front Axle u2013 Total Oscillation per Side||32u00b0|
|Circle Centershift u2013 Right||437 mm (17.2 in)|
|Circle Centershift u2013 Left||804 mm (31.7 in)|
|Moldboard Sideshift u2013 Right||1150 mm (45.3 in)|
|Moldboard Sideshift u2013 Left||970 mm (38.2 in)|
|Blade Tip Range u2013 Forward||40u00b0|
|Blade Tip Range u2013 Backward||0u00b0|
|Maximum Shoulder Reach Outside of Rear Tires u2013 Right||3073 mm (121 in)|
|Maximum Shoulder Reach Outside of Rear Tires u2013 Left||3073 mm (121 in)|
|Maximum Lift Above Ground||410 mm (16.1 in)|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||550 mm (21.7 in)|
|Note||*Base operating weight calculated on standard machine configuration with 29.5R29 tires, full fuel tank, operator and ROPS cab.|
|Air Conditioning System|
|Air Conditioning||The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 2.0 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 2.860 metric tonne.|