PARTS RETURN POLICY
This policy applies specifically to parts orders through PCC (parts.cat.com). It is now possible to initiate a return on PCC from a previous order.
How a return can be initiated
Customers can initiate a return by contacting a Cavpower location via phone, email, or in-person. Additionally, the return process can be initiated through PCC by using the “Request a return” button. This button will be active only for logged in users and for orders that contain at least one part that is eligible for return (i.e. that does not have a non-returnable indicator). Orders that contain only non-returnable parts will not have the option to initiate a return.
Timeline & Credit Amount
Parts must be returned to a Cavpower location within twenty-eight (28) days of purchase, as documented by the electronic system from which the parts were ordered.
- Days to Return – all eligible parts returned:
- Within fourteen (14) days – receive a full credit
- From fifteen (15) days to twenty-eight (28) days – 15% deducted from credit
- After twenty-eight (28) days – no credit
- Credit Amount is calculated based on parts price at time of purchase.
- Upon receipt and acceptance of returned parts, credits are typically issued within the following thirty (30) days.
Criteria for determining if part is eligible for return
- Parts must be undamaged and returned in original packaging.
- Parts must not have been fitted or otherwise used.
- NON-STOCKED parts specifically ordered to meet Customer requirements not accepted for credit.
- Non-returnable items include: Batteries, Gaskets, Seals, Belts, Hoses, Opened Kits, items made to order, items sold to the customer as used parts, and Non-Caterpillar Parts.
Other important conditions for returns
- To initiate a Return of Reman Parts, it must be done either in person, via email or by phone. It cannot be done online.
- Freight costs on parts returned for credit are Customer’s responsibility.
- All parts returned are at Customer’s risk.
- Returned parts determined by Cavpower to be ineligible for return in line with this policy will be held for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days to allow time for purchaser to collect. In the absence of written notice from customer within the thirty (30) day period, we shall assume all rejected parts are to be discarded; and we shall accept no further responsibility for them.
- Cavpower reserves the right to cancel all or any portion of this policy without prior notice and to reject any parts returned to Cavpower. This policy supersedes all previous eCommerce Return Policies.