Enquire about "S2090 Shear" Now
Cut More, Cut Faster
- More productive by design. Shears are designed as a system solution to cut more tons per day and make you more money by balancing machine capabilities, shear cylinder size, jaw depth and opening, and leveler arm length.
- Increase cut efficiency by up to 15 percent and reduce blade wear with the dual offset apex jaw design.
- Accurately place the jaws in optimum cutting position without moving the machine with the standard 360° rotator on the S3000 Series.
- Power is consistent through the entire cutting cycle.
- The shears are optimized for Cat excavators to ensure proper matching, optimal cycle times, and range of motion.
- Increase cutting efficiency with tapered spacer plates which reduce jamming and drag.
- The cylinder rod is completely protected inside the frame reducing downtime and the risk of damage and allowing for a slimmer design for better visibility.
- The jaw relief area allows material to fall away freely without hindering the next cutting cycle.
- Reduce maintenance costs with the new Bolt-on Piercing Tip. Dowels protect the bolts from stress that leads to loosening and a bushing equalizes force on both halves of the tip to help prevent splitting.
- Work confidently with demanding hydraulic requirements. Major hydraulic components are built with a 4 to 1 safety factor and can withstand pressure spikes up to 20,000-psi (1378 bar).
- Increase overall durability with the solid plate construction of the upper jaw.
- The housing is designed with a 60 percent safety factor in yield strength and high-stress areas are built with extra thick plates.
- The heel plate is constructed of AR400 high-wear resistant material to provide long life between weld build up and replacement.
- Endure high forces with confidence with the oversized torque tube.
Easy to Maintain
- Easily and safely complete maintenance tasks. Shears can be greased at ground level along with the machine stick cylinder pin and boom pin.
- Reduce downtime with field serviceable swivels. Removing and resealing can be done quickly and easily while the shear is mounted to the machine, without the need to take it to a shop.
- Service and adjust the pivot group without the need for any special tools. The side play can be easily adjusted by simply tightening the pin.
- Easily change the tip and flip the blade in thirty minutes with standard tools.
- Access the cylinder’s hoses and speed valve easily from the side of the shear. This feature eliminates the need for a cover that can fall off and need repaired.
- You are supported. The Cat Dealer Network is your one point of contact for all your service needs.
Options to Meet Your Needs
- Connecting your shear to a variety of machines has never been easier. Dual high-pressure ports allow the shear to attach to any compatible machine regardless of the hydraulic layout.
- Meet your specific needs with straight and rotating configurations and boom and stick mount options.
- S2000 Series
- Boom mounted
- Used in secondary demolition and scrap applications
- Rotator is eliminated, reducing maintenance costs
- Larger shears can be used on smaller machine size classes
- S3000 Series
- Boom or Stick mounted
- Used in scrap, primary, and secondary demolition applications
- Provides optimal cycle times and positioning
- Boom Mounted
- Ideal for scrap applications, boom mounted shears allow for easier handling and operation.
- Stick Mounted
- Ideal for demolition applications, stick mounted shears are compatible with larger machines and provide a greater reach.
|Weight - Boom Mount||7480 kg (16493 lb)|
|Length||4325 mm (170 in)|
|Height||1890 mm (74 in)|
|Width||760 mm (30 in)|
|Jaw Width - Fixed||602 mm (24 in)|
|Jaw Width - Moving||168 mm (7 in)|
|Jaw Opening||910 mm (35.8 in)|
|Jaw Depth||900 mm (35 in)|
|Throat Force||11746 kN (1320 ton-f)|
|Apex Force||4754 kN (534 ton-f)|
|Tip Force||2513 kN (282 ton-f)|
|Cutting Circuit - Maximum Relief Pressure||35000 kPa (5075 psi)|
|Cutting Circuit - Maximum Flow||700 l/min (185 gal/min)|
|Stick Mounted - Minimum||n/a|
|Stick Mounted - Maximum||n/a|
|Boom Mounted - Minimum||30 tons|
|Boom Mounted - Maximum||54 tons|
|Cycle Time - Close||3.4 Seconds|