Enquire about "973K Track Loader" Now
973K Track Loader
ONE MACHINE, MANY JOBS
- Largest track loader in the industry provides the power, breakout force and capacity to take on tough construction utility, forestry and quarry jobs.
- Specialized Steel Mill configuration factory equipped to withstand high temperatures and steel mill conditions
- handle hot slag with ease and safety.
- Purpose-built Waste Handler features added guarding and seals, specialized air handling, plus a choice of track shoes and buckets to take on the challenges of landfill and transfer station work.
- Quick coupler option adds versatility by allowing easy use of forks, buckets, etc. from wheel loaders and other machines.
DO MORE WITH LESS FUEL
- Reduce your fuel costs, using 10-25 percent less fuel per hour than the previous model.
- Move up to 10 percent more material per hour with optional Performance Series bucket.
- Easier maintenance and repair with a tilt cab and convenient service access points.
- Demand fan provides efficient cooling plus easy service/ clean-out access.
- Manage your fleet more effectively and profitably through remote monitoring with Product Link™/ VisionLink®.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Smoother implement and steering response, and improved steering performance over the previous model.
- Precise, responsive performance with features like load sensing hydraulics and position sensing cylinders.
- Power and fast response under load with a Cat C9.3 engine.
- Reduced engine noise compared to the 973D
- quieter for the operator and others around the work site.
EASY TO OPERATE
- Updated cab offers operator comforts like suspension seat, adjustable armrests and controls, and an improved air conditioning system.
- Choose either joystick or two-lever implement controls to match operator preference or application.
- Speed/steering controls available as either a joystick or as v-lever and foot pedals.
- Emissions reduction technology is designed so regeneration runs automatically in the background while you work.
- New handles and steps help operators climb on and off the machine more easily, from the front or the back of the tracks.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket and all around the machine enhances safety and helps operators work more confidently.
SAVE ON MAINTENANCE TIME
- Tilt cab and convenient service access points for easier maintenance and repair.
- Cooling system access from the engine compartment for easy clean-out.
- Remote monitoring with Product Link™/VisionLink® helps you manage your fleet more effectively and profitably.
TAKE ON THE TRASH
- Waste Handler arrangements feature added guarding and seals to give you a purpose-built machine to take on the challenges of waste applications. A choice of buckets and track shoes allow you to further optimize the machine for greater performance and service life.
- Versatile machine for loading, sorting, excavation and spreading cover, well suited to the landfill or transfer station.
- Specialized guarding, striker bars and seals help protect the machine and components from impact and airborne debris.
- Final Drive guarding helps prevent wrapping and damage.
- Bars help protect windshield and operator from breakage and debris. Cab door guards offer added protection.
- Cooling system is designed for high debris environments and easy cleanout access.
- Specialized air handling features help deliver cleaner air to the machine and to the cab.
- Laminated thermal shields and insulated clean emission module.
- Landfill buckets, equipped with heavy-duty trash rack, offer increased capacity and reduced spillage.
- Center-hole track helps reduce packing. Choose from a variety of shoe types and widths to optimize the loader for your application.
- Optional rear vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine.
- Enhanced Cleaning Package –
- Faster, easier cleanout.
- Wide gauge undercarriage equipped with a standard track shoe allows more space for debris to pass between the track roller frame, tracks and chassis.
- Design helps reduce damage caused by debris carried on the tracks.
- Heavier waste configuration combined with narrower track shoes increases ground pressure for greater compaction.
Note: Features may vary by model and region. Please consult your Cat dealer for details and availability.
KEEP THINGS SHIPSHAPE
- Specialized Ship Hold machines give you the optimal combination of traction, high reach and machine balance makes track loaders ideal for working in ship holds and port handling duties.
- Specialized implements, like coal buckets and trim blades, help you sweep down walls and handle a variety of materials.
- Fusion Quick Coupler option adds versatility with easy use of forks, buckets and other attachments from compatible machines.
- Specialized sealing, guards and bumpers help protect key components.
- Front and rear eyes widely spaced for stability during lifting.
- Added lighting packages help illuminate the work area.
HANDLE THE HEAT
- Factory-designed and installed features equip your 973 track loader for the extreme heat and harsh conditions of steel mill work. Maneuverability, visibility and the breakout force needed for fast cycle times make crawler loaders a rugged and efficient choice for handling slag.
- Specialized heavy duty guarding, insulation, thermal deflectors and high temperature seals throughout the machine.
- Welded side bars reduce thermal distortion of the track roller frame.
- Anti-abrasion guards protect the final drive seals.
- Pressure relief/flash spark arrester on fuel tank cap.
- Steel mill cab with heavy duty, laminated windshield glass.
- Metallic screen on windshield grill to help protect glass and maintain good visibility; hinged for quick cleaning access.
- Metallic shield integrated in bottom of cab doors helps protect windows against slag.
- Specialized heat resistant seals and cab materials.
- Steel plate on top of cab greatly reduces radiant heat transfer into cab.
- High capacity slag bucket features thicker structures and stronger teeth/cutting edges for longer service life.
- Choice of track shoes lets you optimize your loader for traction and to work on paved surfaces.
- Synthetic, fire-resistant hydraulic fluid.
Note: A Partial Steel Mill package is available for Cat 953 and 963 Track Loader models. The base package offers specialized seals and guarding, as well as machine features to allow dealer upgrades to your track loader for work in high-temperature conditions. The Partial Steel Mill package does not include modifications required to work in hot slag. Please consult with your Cat dealer for details.
|Flywheel Power||205 kW (275 HP)|
|Engine Model||Cat C9.3|
|Net Power - ISO 9249/SAE J1349||205 kW (275 HP)|
|Net Power - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (DIN)||278 HP (278 HP)|
|Emissions||U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), Korea Tier 4 Final OR China Nonroad Stage III/UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA emission standards, equivalent to Tier 3/Stage IIIA|
|Note (1)||All nonroad Tier 4 Interim and Final, Stage IIIB, IV and V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) and Korea Tier 4 Final diesel engines are required to use only Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) with 15 ppm (mg/kg) of sulfur or less, or up to B20 biodiesel blended with ULSD. B20 should meet ASTM D7467 specification (biodiesel blend stock should meet Cat biodiesel spec, ASTM D6751 or EN 14214). Cat DEO-ULS or oils that meet the Cat ECF-3, API CJ-4, and ACEA E9 specification are required. Consult your OMM for further machine specific fuel recommendations.|
|Note (2)||Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) used in Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241.|
|Operating Weight||28985 kg (63900 lb)|
|Operating Weight - Wide Gauge||32304 kg (71218 lb)|
|Operating Weight - Waste Handler||29175 kg (64319 lb)|
|Operating Weight - Steel Mill||33699 kg (74293 lb)|
|Note (1)||Subtract approximately 295 kg / 650 lb for machines not equipped with Tier 4 Final/Stage V emissions reduction technology.|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||384 l (101.5 gal (US))|
|DEF Tank||35 l (9.2 gal (US))|
|Overall Machine Length*||7579 mm (298.4 in)|
|Machine Height - Top of Cab||3510 mm (138.2 in)|
|Height - Top of Stack||3069 mm (120.8 in)|
|Overall Machine Height - Bucket Fully Raised||5752 mm (226.5 in)|
|Overall Machine Width without Bucket: With Standard Tracks - 550 mm (21.6 in) Shoes||2710 mm (106.7 in)|
|Note||*With General Purpose bucket and heavy duty teeth.|
|Track Gauge||2160 mm (85 in)|
|Track Shoe Width - Standard||550 mm (21.6 in)|
|Track Shoe Width - Optional||675 mm (26.6 in)|
|Track Shoe Width - Wide Gauge||830 mm (32.7 in)|
|Track on Ground||2930 mm (115.3 in)|
|Ground Contact Area* - Standard Shoe - 550 mm (21.6 in)||3.66 mu00b2 (5673 inu00b2)|
|Ground Contact Area* - Optional Shoe - 675 mm (26.6 in)||4.49 mu00b2 (6960 inu00b2)|
|Ground Contact Area* - Wide Gauge - 830 mm (32.7 in)||5.53 mu00b2 (8572 inu00b2)|
|Ground Pressure* - Standard Shoe - 550 mm (21.6 in)||77.6 kPa (11.3 psi)|
|Ground Pressure* - Optional Shoe - 675 mm (26.6 in)||64.4 kPa (9.3 psi)|
|Ground Pressure* - Wide Gauge - 830 mm (32.7 in)||57.3 kPa (8.3 psi)|
|Capacity - General Purpose||3.2 mu00b3 (4.2 ydu00b3)|
|Capacity - Multi-Purpose||3 mu00b3 (4 ydu00b3)|
|Capacity - Performance Series||3.8 mu00b3 (5 ydu00b3)|
|Capacity - Landfill||4.9 mu00b3 (6.4 ydu00b3)|
|Capacity - Slag||3 mu00b3 (4 ydu00b3)|
|Width - General Purpose||2974 mm (117 in)|
|Width - Multi-Purpose||2946 mm (116 in)|
|Width - Performance Series||2982 mm (117 in)|
|Width - Landfill||2974 mm (117 in)|
|Width - Slag||2846 mm (112 in)|
|Air Conditioning System|
|Air Conditioning||The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.1 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 1.573 metric tonnes.|
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Power Train
- Cat C9.3 diesel engine, turbocharged with ATAAC
- Modular cooling system for engine air intake, oil and water
- Radiator fan, electronically controlled, hydraulically driven, temperature sensing, on demand
- Electro Hydrostatic Control (EHC) for transmission with travel and work modes
- Fuel cooler
- Water separator
- Air cleaner dry-type, axial seal with integral precleaner and dust ejection system, electronic filter condition indicator
- Caterpillar extended life coolant
- Heavy Duty tracks
- Track guiding guards, end section
- Hydraulic track adjuster
- Sprocket rims, with replaceable bolt-on tough steel segments
- Sprocket guards
- Seven track rollers, two upper carrier rollers per track, lifetime lubricated
- Conventional idlers, lifetime lubricated
- Oscillating track roller frames
- Track master link
- 24 volt heavy duty brushless alternator
- Backup alarm
- Electric horn
- Two heavy duty batteries, high output, maintenance free, 1,400 CCA
- Main disconnect switch
- Electric starter (heavy duty, 24 volt)
- Operator Environment
- Pressurized, sound suppressed, ROPS/ FOPS cab with sealed front windshield, tinted glass and right side sliding window
- Air conditioning and heating
- Heater/defroster with automatic temperature control
- Electro Hydraulic, seat mounted control levers
- Rear vision camera
- Seat belt, retractable, with buckling indicator on dash
- Electronic Monitoring System with gauges for engine coolant temperature, hydraulic oil temperature, fuel level and Diesel Exhaust Fluid level (when equipped)
- Mirror, rearview, inside adjustable
- Radio ready (Includes 24 to 12 volt converter, speakers, antenna and two 12V power outlets)
- Coat hook
- Storage compartments under left armrest
- Document holder on right console
- Floor mat, rubber, heavy duty
- Windshield washers and wipers, multiple speed front and rear
- Durable metal roof
- Parking brake switch and “brake-on” indicator light
- Other Standard Equipment
- Sound suppression, exterior
- Z-bar loader linkage
- Load sensing variable displacement implement pump
- Implement cylinders with position sensors
- Operator programmable lift and tilt kickouts
- Engine enclosure with lockable doors
- Radiator core 6.5 fins-per-inch, debris resistant
- Hinged radiator guard and swing out fan
- Full bottom guards
- Lift cylinder guards
- Oil gauge guard
- Product Link ready
- Oil sampling valves
- Cat XT hoses
- HYDO Advanced 10
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Power Train
- Cat C9.3 diesel engine with engine mounted aftertreatment to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/ EU Stage V/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final)/ Korea Tier 4 Final emission standards
- Cat C9.3 diesel engine to meet China Nonroad Stage III and UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA emission standards, equivalent to Tier 3/Stage IIIA
- Engine thermal shield
- Fan, basic
- Fan, reversing
- Fan, reversing, low speed
- Fan, reversing, Steel Mill
- Air inlet, precleaner turbine
- Operator Environment
- Deluxe cab
- Steel Mill cab
- Seat, cloth, air suspension, no side-to-side isolator
- Seat, cloth, air suspension, heated, side-to-side isolator
- Transmission control, V-lever or joystick
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/Bluetooth
- Cab air precleaner
- Hydraulic oil, biodegradable
- Hydraulic oil, EcoSafe (Steel Mill Arrangement)
- General Purpose Hydraulics Packages: Two-valve, joystick; Three-valve, joystick; Two-valve, two levers; or Three-valve, two levers
- Multi-Purpose Hydraulics Packages: Three-valve, joystick; or Four-valve, joystick
- Tilt cylinder guards
- Guard, front lights
- Windshield protection
- Final drive abrasion guard
- Final drive abrasion guard, lower
- Rotating beacon
- Track roller guard
- Track roller guard, Steel Mill
- HEAVY DUTY TRACK SEALED AND LUBRICATED TRACK GROUPS (40 SECTIONS)
- 500 mm (19.7 in) double grouser, center hole
- 510 mm (20.1 in) extreme service, single grouser, center hole
- 550 mm (21.6 in) double grouser
- 675 mm (26.6 in) double grouser
- 675 mm (26.6 in) double grouser, center hole
- 675 mm (26.6 in) single grouser, center hole
- 830 mm (32.7 in) double grouser, wide gauge
- HEAVY DUTY SEALED AND NON-LUBRICATED TRACK GROUPS – STEEL MILL
- 500 mm (19.7 in) double grouser
- 500 mm (19.7 in) flat
- 500 mm (19.7 in) triple grouser
- 500 mm (19.7 in) alternate flat shoe
- GENERAL PURPOSE BUCKETS
- 3.0 m3 (4.0 yd3), welded flush adaptors
- 3.2 m3 (4.2 yd3), pin on
- 3.2 m3 (4.2 yd3), heavy duty, pin on
- 3.2 m3 (4.2 yd3), heavy duty, full edge, pin on
- 4.2 m3 (5.5 yd3), Performance Series
- 4.0 m3 (5.2 yd3), Performance Series flush
- MULTI-PURPOSE BUCKETS
- 3.0 m3 (4.0 yd3), heavy duty, pin on
- 3.0 m3 (4.0 yd3), pin on
- WIDE BUCKETS
- 4.2 m3 (5.5 yd3), Performance Series
- LANDFILL BUCKETS
- 4.6 m3 (6.0 yd3), multi-purpose landfill, heavy duty, pin on
- 4.9 m3 (6.4 yd3), general purpose landfill, heavy duty, pin on
- STEEL MILL BUCKET
- 3.0 m3 (4.0 yd3), slag bucket
- Other Attachments
- Counterweight, heavy duty bumper
- Multi-shank ripper
- Ripper hitch
- Rear striker bars
- Standard bumper
- No bumper
- Standard rear step
- Ripper rear step
- ADDITIONAL WORK TOOLS (please consult your Cat dealer for ordering information)
- Quick coupler
- Material handling arms
- Starters, Batteries and Alternators
- Engine coolant heater, 120V
- Engine coolant heater, 240V
- Maintenance and Related Attachments
- Maintenance package, deluxe
- High speed oil change
- Sediment pump
- Fuel tank refueling pump
- Service package, standard
- Locking bar that holds cab at 30 degrees safely, front windshield
- Extended service package with manual hydraulic system enabling cab tilt/lock and shovel holder (shovel not included)
- Antifreeze -50 C (-58 F)
- Technology Products
- Product Link – Satellite
- Product Link – Cellular
- Grade control mast
- Special Arrangements
- Waste Package, Heavy Duty
- Waste Package, Heavy Duty, Enhanced Cleaning
- Waste Package, Extreme Service
- Ship Hold Package, Heavy Duty
- Steel Mill Package, Heavy Duty
- Low Ground Pressure Package – Heavy Duty