Enquire about "730C2 EJ Articulated Truck" Now
Optimized Performance, Proven Reliability
Class Leading Transmission Technology
Ease of Use, Improved Performance
Suspension and Braking
Performance and Comfort
Improve Productivity with a Comfortable and Confident Operator
Ease of Operation
Designed Around the Operator
Durability and Reliability
Proven Structures and Components
Cat CONNECT Technology
Monitor, Manage, and Enhance Job Site Operations
Faster Cycles and Lower Spreading Costs
Maximize Uptime and Reduce Costs
Complete Customer Support
A Commitment to Your Success
Making Sustainable Progress Possible
Designed and Built into Every Machine
Every Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Cat engine with ACERT Technology is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components. The right technologies fine-tuned for the right applications results in:
- High machine performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized impact of emission systems: designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Durable designs with long life to overhaul.
- Delivering better fuel economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
Advanced MEUI™-C Injector
Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
Innovative Air Management
All Cat engines feature innovative air-management systems that optimize airflow and enhance power, efficiency and reliability.
Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS)
The NRS captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
The aftertreatment solution utilized for Tier 4 Final/Stage IV products is the next evolutionary step for Cat engines with ACERT Technology. To meet the additional 80% reduction in NOx emissions required by Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards, Caterpillar engineers only needed to add one new system, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), to the already proven aftertreatment solution in use.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
Cat engines equipped with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system inject Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into the exhaust to reduce NOx emissions. DEF is a precisely mixed solution of 32.5% high purity chemical grade urea and 67.5% de-ionized water.
The Cat CX31 six-speed forward, single speed reverse transmission features Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) and Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC) which deliver smooth gear changes with improved acceleration and higher productivity.
- Speed hold/limiting function allows the machine speed to be limited in 1 km/h or 1 mph steps to conform to site speed restrictions.
- Gearshifts have been significantly improved to maintain direct drive lock-up, and eliminate dropping into converter drive. Reducing the use of torque converter drive helps maintain ground speed and gradeability.
- Variable shift points used based on the operating conditions, which also aid in maintaining ground speed during gear changes on grades.
- Critical gearshifts maintain direct drive lock-up, and eliminate dropping into converter drive. This maintains ground speed during shifts on grades.
- The transmission automatically modifies shift points to best suit operating conditions and performance.
- Retarding levels are automatically reduced on lesser grades in lower gears.
Large capacity torque converter, configured for off highway applications, allows the higher engine power to be transmitted more efficiently to the lower power train.
Engine Compression Brake
Improves retarding response and increases retarding power.
Automatic Traction Control (ATC)
Application of the inter and cross-axle differential locks is ‘on-the-go’ and fully automatic. The operator does not have to think about when and where to engage either the inter or cross-axle differential lock. Sensors monitor the machine and wheel speeds, enabling instant response in low traction conditions. Operation is seamless and smooth, eliminating wheel slip for maximum traction and productivity.
Clutches are also automatically disengaged when not required, eliminating any impact on machine maneuverability, such as making a tight turn at the top of a grade.
The ATC system helps reduce tire and driveline abuse, eliminating lost efficiency caused by improper manual operation of the differential clutches, and reducing the cost of premature tire replacement.
When set to automatic, regeneration will occur without any interaction from the operator. The three modes of regeneration shown below allow the articulated truck to adapt to specific site conditions in the most efficient manner.
Automatic: The machine carries out ‘on-the-go’ regeneration when the engine control module determines conditions are acceptable. The operator requires no action and the articulated truck is not required to stop working.
Automatic: Low idle regeneration is initiated when the machine is in a reduced operating mode for a predetermined period of time, and a number of conditions are met. The system is designed so that the operator can interrupt regeneration at any time.
Manual: A manual regeneration is initiated by pressing the regeneration switch for five seconds. The machine must be brought to a non-operating mode in order to perform a manual regeneration.
All three axles have oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods, controlling sideways movement of the axle and providing stability. In conjunction with the suspension system, it allows the operator to travel at speed over rough terrain and softens impact loads on structures and components.
Large bore, low-pressure cylinders are purpose designed for off-road applications and offer a soft, smooth ride for the operator. The front suspension oscillates ±6° to assist in providing a smooth this. Suspension mounting points are integrated into the axle housing, increasing reliability.
Comprised of a walking beam and Caterpillar designed long life rear suspension mounts; the rear suspension system provides a reliable and stable ride for excellent travel over rough terrain and aids load retention.
All Axle Enclosed Wet Brakes
Introduced for the first time on this model, the oil-immersed system is a multi-disc, multi-plate design. Enclosing the brakes prevents the ingress of contaminants. This protects the system, extends life, and reduces replacement costs while improving machine uptime.
The three-point front suspension with its oscillating axle and low-pressure ride struts, combined with the center-mounted cab, offer unrivaled levels of ride comfort for the operator in all driving conditions. The operator remains comfortable and productive throughout the day.
Spacious Two-Person Cab
The large two-person cab offers a comfortable working space for both the operator and a passenger. The passenger seat is fully padded with a backrest and a wide, retractable seat belt for a secure and comfortable ride. It is also positioned adjacent to the operator, giving both the operator and passenger a clear view of the instrument panel, controls and the road. The storage space behind the operator seat has been increased, and the access improved design and layout is common across all C Series Articulated Trucks.
Air Suspension Seat
The air suspension seat provides improved operator comfort with a cushioned upper high back, adjustable damping with three settings, ride zone indicator and adjustable lumbar settings. It is fully adjustable to provide the optimal driving position.
The air conditioning system keeps the in-cab temperature however the operator likes it, whatever environment they are operating in.
Optional Four-Point Seat Belt
Offering greater restraint for operators, the four-point operator seat belt is now available as an option. The seat belt is part of an entire new seating arrangement, not solely an addition to the existing seat.
The cab is designed to make all aspects of machine operation as simple as possible. The controls and gauges are easy to read and straightforward to operate, allowing the operator to focus on safe machine operation while maintaining productivity.
The integrated wrap-around dash puts all controls within easy reach of the operator. Featuring LED illuminated rocker switches for the dash dimmer, rear wash wiper, hazard warning, work lamp, secondary steer, A/C and cigar lighter. Delivers an automotive feel with the industrial strength you would expect from Caterpillar.
Color Multi Purpose Display (CMPD)
The dash mounted display unit shows the operator various levels of performance and condition pages as well as machine warning categories. These include performance data, configuration settings, operator and machine totals, service information, various machine status parameters, machine payload information (when fitted), and the video feed from the rearview camera.
Bluetooth™ Stereo Connectivity
Make and receive calls in cab via the optional, Bluetooth equipped, radio entertainment system.
The front frame design features a large box section and wide, stiff frame beams to handle torque loads. The divergent frame design decreases stress in the hitch area and optimizes suspension geometry. The frame design makes maximum use of robotic welding for increased durability.
Twin-box construction minimizes stress concentrations and provides low weight with long service life.
The three-point oscillating axle front suspension provides unparalleled ride quality. It also protects the truck from adverse road conditions by absorbing shock loads that would reach the frame.
The articulating hitch provides the truck with steering articulation, and the oscillation ensures all-wheel ground contact in rough terrain.
Field proven two-piece construction features a durable cast steel head bolted to a hard wearing forged steel tube.
Dump Body Design
All C Series machines have a large target area to provide consistently high load-carrying capacity. Its diverging flow design gives clean material discharge, which maximizes production and avoids the waste of carry-back.
Output Transfer Gear
Distributes drive to the tractor and trailer and includes a wet clutch differential lock for optimum traction in poor underfoot conditions.
Dual-circuit, all wheel braking system. The full power hydraulic system actuates enclosed, oil immersed, multi disc, multi plate brakes with independent front and rear circuits and accumulators.
Located on the center axle in an elevated position, it is spring applied and hydraulically released.
Cat CONNECT makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.
Cat LINK technologies, like Product Link wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink user interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower costs.
Cat PAYLOAD technologies like Cat Production Measurement bring payload weighing to the cab to help optimize job site efficiency and productivity. Operators can view real-time load weights on the integrated display and know precisely when the target is achieved, while cab-mounted external payload lights signal the loader operator when to stop loading to reduce overloading. Operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to truck payload weights, loads and cycle counts, and daily totals; or remotely via LINK technologies.
The 730C2 EJ shares the versatility of the standard 725C2 and 730C2 Series Articulated Trucks, operating in the same conditions, but offering unique capabilities that stretch the operation envelope.
The ejector body offers clean load ejection on-the-go and the capability to work safely in areas with restricted overhead clearance and soft underfoot conditions.
The truck can eject and spread the material while moving, potentially reducing the need for additional spreading and dozing equipment. ‘On-the-go’ ejecting results in faster cycle times and reduced power train loads.
Ejecting the load without raising the body maintains machine stability, allowing load dispersal on inclines, side slopes and in very soft underfoot conditions especially on landfill sites.
Without the need to raise the body, the 730C2 EJ can eject in areas with reduced overhead clearance, such as around overhead lines or in tunneling and underground operations.
The body design eliminates material sticking to the body, which increases productivity, improves fuel efficiency and lowers cost per ton.
The ejector blade is made from high-strength steel and uses technology similar to that proven in Cat wheel tractor-scrapers.
A three-stage, high-speed, double-acting cylinder is specifically designed for horizontal mounting and smooth load ejection.
Mounted on the left side of the engine under the electrically raised hood:
- Engine dipstick and fill cap
- Transmission dipstick and fill cap
- Air, fuel water separator and fuel filters
- Electrically operated fuel-priming pump
- Coolant level indicator and fill cap are outside the cab
Long Service Intervals
Changes to oil change intervals, volumes and the type of oil required will help lower maintenance costs and machine downtime.
Lubrication points are grouped in the hitch area for ease of servicing. Universal joints are lubed for life, eliminating any maintenance. An Autolube system is also optional, and now includes alerts via Product Link for low grease levels and faults.
The radiator package is located behind the cab, which provides protection from frontal impacts and offers easy access to the inlet and outlet sides of the radiator.
Extended Life Coolant
Extends the change interval and improves component life by reducing aluminum corrosion.
Electrical Service Center
Located inside the cab, this service center provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector.
Cat Data Link Connector
The Cat Data Link connector provides a plug-in using a laptop with Electronic Technician (ET) software.
The cab tilts to the side to provide easy access underneath, which simplifies access to the transmission, drive shafts and hydraulic pumps. Machine electrical and hydraulic interfaces are located on the right side of the cab, behind a removable body panel for easy access.
Make comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy. Your Cat dealer can help.
Consider the resale value; compare productivity and day-to-day operating costs and fuel consumption.
For the best operating techniques to increase productivity and your profit, turn to your Cat dealer for the latest training literature and trained staff.
Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Diagnostic programs such as S·O·SSM and Technical Analysis help you avoid unscheduled repairs.
Repair or rebuild? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the costs so you can make the right choice.
Your local Cat dealership will be with you every step of the way with its unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
For more complete information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
All Cat Articulated Trucks are designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
The Cat C13 ACERT engine incorporating the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards, and has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or biodiesel up to B20 blended with ULSD. All fuels must have no more than 15 ppm sulfur for the EPA, and 10 ppm sulfur for the EU.
The Caterpillar Design, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test facility at Peterlee in England recycle 98% of all waste produced with zero waste to landfill.
Rebuild and reman are designed and built into all Cat C Series Articulated Trucks. This gives machines a longer life while reducing waste and replacement costs.
Caterpillar has been, and continues to be, proactive in developing machines that meet or exceed safety standards. Safety is an integral part of all machines and system designs.
- Cab integral ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) and FOPS (Falling Object Protection System)
- Rearview camera system incorporated into the CMPD provides a panoramic view either continuously or when reverse gear is selected
- The secondary and parking brake functions are spring applied and hydraulic released
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering system automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed. Can be manually selected for machine recovery purposes
- Ground level external engine fuel cut off switch provides easy access outside of the machine
- External electrical system disconnect switch for easy access outside of the machine
- Slip resistant walkways
- punched steel plate
- 75 mm (3 in) wide seat belts for operator/trainer and passenger
- Wide angled mirrors for excellent rear visibility
- Sweeping hood design for panoramic forward visibility
- Extensive handrails
- Body raised alarm
- Heated mirrors (optional)
- LED-flashing beacon (optional)
- Additional mirrors
- Maximum speed limiter
- Internal and external grab handles
- Four point seat belt (optional)
- Fire extinguisher in-cab mounting point
- Fully raised body locking pin
- Reversing indicator
- Park brake switch safety lock
|Engine Model||Cat® C13 ACERT|
|Gross Power u2013 SAE J1995||280 kW (375 hp)|
|Net Power u2013 SAE J1349||274 kW (367 hp)|
|Bore||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Stroke||157 mm (6.2 in)|
|Displacement||12.5 L (762.8 in3)|
|Engine Model u2013 U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV||Cat C13 ACERT|
|Net Power u2013 ISO 14396||276 kW (370 hp)|
|No Engine De-rating Below||3810 m (12500 ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)||2141 N·m (1579 lbf-ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349)||2120 N·m (1564 lbf-ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Speed||1200 rpm (1200 rpm)|
|Rated Payload||28 tonnes (31 tons)|
|Heaped SAE 2:1||16.9 m3 (22.1 yd3)|
|Struck||13.5 m3 (17.7 yd3)|
|Forward 1||8 km/h (5 mph)|
|Forward 2||15 km/h (9 mph)|
|Forward 3||22 km/h (14 mph)|
|Forward 4||34 km/h (21 mph)|
|Forward 5||47 km/h (29 mph)|
|Forward 6||55 km/h (34 mph)|
|Reverse 1||9 km/h (6 mph)|
|Front Axle u2013 Empty||15665 kg (34535 lb)|
|Center Axle u2013 Empty||5490 kg (12103 lb)|
|Rear Axle u2013 Empty||5240 kg (11552 lb)|
|Total u2013 Empty||26395 kg (58190 lb)|
|Front Axle u2013 Rated Load||670 kg (7231 lb)|
|Center Axle u2013 Rated Load||13725 kg (27249 lb)|
|Rear Axle u2013 Rated Load||13725 kg (27249 lb)|
|Total u2013 Rated Load||28120 kg (61729 lb)|
|Front Axle u2013 Loaded||16335 kg (36013 lb)|
|Center Axle u2013 Loaded||19215 kg (42362 lb)|
|Rear Axle u2013 Loaded||18965 kg (41811 lb)|
|Total u2013 Loaded||54515 kg (120186 lb)|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||412 L (108.8 gal)|
|Cooling System||83 L (21.9 gal)|
|Hydraulic System||110 L (29.1 gal)|
|Engine Crankcase||38 L (10 gal)|
|Transmission||47 L (12.4 gal)|
|Final Drives/Differential||125 L (33 gal)|
|Output Transfer Gear Box||24 L (6.3 gal)|
|DEF Tank||20 L (5.2 gal)|
|Eject Time||12 Seconds (12 Seconds)|
|Retract Time||15 Seconds (15 Seconds)|
|Interior Cab||76 dB(A) (76 dB(A))|
|Brakes||ISO 3450 u2013 2011|
|Cab/FOPS||ISO 3449 Level II u2013 2005|
|Cab/ROPS||ISO 3471 u2013 2008|
|Steering||ISO 5010 u2013 2007|
|Lock to Lock||4.75 seconds @ 60 rpm|
|Type||High strength Brinell HB450 wear resistant steel|
|Note||Dimensions are for machines equipped with 750/65 tires.|
|Turning Dimensions: Aisle Width||5332 mm (210 in)|
|Turning Dimensions: Clearance Radius||8075 mm (318 in)|
|Turning Dimensions: Inside Radius||3879 mm (153 in)|
|Turning Dimensions: SAE Turning Radius||7470 mm (294 in)|
|Turning Dimensions: Steer Angle u2013 Left/Right||45u00b0|
|Note||The reference to Tier 4 Final/Stage IV includes U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), as well as Korea Tier 4.|
|Note||The power ratings apply at rated speed of 1,800 rpm when tested under the conditions for the specified standard.|
|Note||The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, muffler and fan at minimum speed.|
|Note||Net power when the fan is at maximum speed is 254 kW (341 hp) per the SAE reference conditions.|
|Emissions||The 730C2 EJ meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards.|
|Note||DEF used in Cat SCR systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241-1. ISO 22241-1 requirements are met by many brands of DEF, including those that carry the AdBlue or API certifications.|
|Note||The operator sound exposure Leq (equivalent sound pressure level) measured according to the work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT 98 is 76 dB(A), for the cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with the doors and windows closed.|
|Note||Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in noisy environments.|
- Air conditioning with R134A refrigerant
- Adjustable air vents
- Auto shift six-speed forward and single speed reverse transmission
- Cat C13 ACERT engine
- Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) and exhaust after treatment package
- Cat rearview camera
- Color Multi-Purpose Display (CMPD) incorporating the rearview camera feed
- Dashboard Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Alert indicator, selected gear and direction, speed or auto shift, review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM), primary steering failure, seat belt warning, secondary steering failure, Machine Security System (MSS), secondary steering energy source engaged, hour meter and retarder active
- Differentials: automatic clutched inter and cross-axle differential locks
- Dual circuit oil immersed, enclosed brakes – all wheels
- Electrical system: 24 volt, 5A 24- to 12-volt converter
- Electro hydraulic hoist control
- Glass windows: laminated front, toughened rear and toughened opening side
- Guards: rear window, radiator, crankcase and axle
- Heater and defroster with four-speed fan
- Horn: electric
- Lights: cab interior, front, width marker, side, rear, two reversing/work light, two stop/tail lights, front and rear direction indicators
- Machine Operation Monitoring System includes
- Action lamp, engine oil pressure, primary steering system, left turn signal, high beam, coolant temperature, tachometer, parking brake, fuel level, right turn signal, transmission oil temperature, brake system, transmission hold, hoist control, hydraulic system, charging system, retarder, transmission fault, traction control system, check engine lamp
- Mirrors: extensive arrangement for improved visibility
- Mud flaps: wheel arch and body mounted with transportation tiebacks
- Product Link PL 321 or PL 522 dependent on location and licensing agreement
- Retarder: engine compression brake
- Reverse/backup alarm
- ROPS/FOPS cab
- Seat (operator): fully adjustable, air suspension
- Seat (second): padded companion/trainer
- Secondary steering – electro hydraulic
- S·O·S sampling valves
- Spill guard: front, integral part of fabricated body
- Starting receptacle, electric, remote
- Storage: cup holder, under seat, door pocket, behind seat, coat hook
- Sun visor
- Three axle, six-wheel drive
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Tires, six 750/65, radial
- Two retractable seat belts
- Vandalism protection: lockable caps for fuel tank, DEF tank and hydraulic oil tank
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed, intermittent (front)
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed (rear)
- Auto lube installation for automatic greasing of bearings
- Bluetooth radio stereo system
- Caterpillar Production Measurement (CMP) payload monitoring system
- Cold weather coolant –51° C (–60° F)
- Cold weather start attachment
- Engine block heater
- Ether start
- Exhaust heated body
- Fast fuel fill
- Four point safety harness
- Flashing LED beacon
- Fuel additive-anti-waxing
- Heated seat
- Heated rearview motorized mirrors
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Product Link PL 321, PL 522, VIMS™ Cellular, VIMS Satellite (where available)
- Roof mounted High Intensity Discharge (HID) work lights
- 750/65 wide tires