Enquire about "725C (Tier 2, Stage II)" Now
725C (Tier 2, Stage II)
Optimized Performance, Proven Reliability
Class Leading Transmission Technology
The Most Advanced Traction Control System
Suspension and Brakes
Performance and Comfort
Improved Productivity from a Confident Operator
Ease of Operation
Designed around the Operator
Proven Durability and Reliability
User Friendly Secure Application
Maximum Uptime and Reduced Costs
Complete Peace of Mind
Safety at the Forefront of Design
Making Sustainable Progress Possible
The Cat C9.3 ACERT engine continues the evolutionary, incremental improvements that provide breakthrough engine technology built on systems and components developed by Caterpillar with proven reliability.
The Cat C9.3 ACERT engine utilizes the common rail, high-pressure, electronic metering system to the injectors.
The Cat TH31 six-speed forward one-speed reverse Electronic Clutch Pressure Controlled (ECPC) transmission featuring Advanced Productivity Electronics Control Strategy (APECS) delivers smooth shifting with strong acceleration and high productivity.
- A speed hold/limiting function allows the machine speed to be limited in one km/h or one mph steps to conform to site speed restrictions.
- Critical gearshifts maintain direct drive lock-up, and eliminate dropping into converter drive. This maintains ground speed during shifts on grades.
- The transmission automatically modifies shift points to best suit operating conditions.
Integral transmission retarder with a high power density design. Due to its compact size, the unit quickly fills with oil, providing more retarding power and fast response times. Retarding levels are automatically reduced on lesser grades in lower gears.
The traction control system is comprised of wet clutched inter-axle and cross-axle differentials, which can be engaged and disengaged “on-the-go.”
Inter-Axle Differential Lock
Locks tractor and trailer drive systems together and modifies torque distribution for excellent traction in poor underfoot conditions and on grades. Operated by a switch located at the footrest.
Cross-Axle Differential Locks
Locks axle differentials, acting in unison with the inter-axle differential lock when the foot switch is actuated and the dash-mounted switch is selected.
The three-point front suspension oscillates ±6° to provide a smooth ride, allowing the operator to travel at speed over rough terrain. It softens impact loads on structures and components using an oscillating A-frame with a lateral tie rod to control axle sideways movement. Large bore, low-pressure cylinders are purpose designed for tough applications and offer a soft, smooth ride.
The rear suspension features a walking beam geometry with Caterpillar designed, long life, rear suspension mounts, which provide a reliable and stable ride for excellent load retention.
Suspension mounting points are integrated into the axle housing, increasing reliability.
Dual-circuit, all wheel braking system. Full power hydraulic system actuates self-cleaning caliper disc brakes with independent front and rear circuits and accumulators.
Fitted to the center axle in an elevated position, spring applied and hydraulically released.
The three-point front suspension with its oscillating axle and low-pressure ride struts, combined with the center-mounted cab, offer unrivaled levels of ride comfort for the operator in all driving conditions. The operator remains comfortable and productive throughout the day.
Spacious Two-Person Cab
The 725C features a large two-person cab, offering comfortable working space for both the operator and passenger with large storage compartments. The 730C, 730C EJ, 735B, 740B and 740B EJ articulated trucks use the same spacious cab design.
Air Suspension Seat
The air suspension seat enhances operator comfort with a cushioned upper high back, adjustable damping with three settings, ride zone indicator and adjustable lumbar settings. It is fully adjustable to provide the optimal driving position.
Full-size passenger seat features a fully padded seat with a backrest and a wide, retractable seat belt for a secure and comfortable ride. The passenger seat is positioned next to the operator seat, giving both the operator and passenger a clear view of the instrument panel, controls and the road.
A comfortable driving position is provided by a telescopic and tilt adjustable steering column.
The controls and layout of the cab are designed to make it as easy to operate as your car. Quick, easy to read and simple to operate, the controls and gauges on the 725C allow the operator to concentrate on production.
The integrated wrap-around dash puts all controls within easy reach of the operator. Featuring LED illuminated rocker switches for the dash dimmer, rear wash wiper, hazard warning, head lamp, work lamp, heated mirrors (optional), diff-lock, secondary steer, heated seat (optional), machine security system (optional), A/C and cigar lighter. The Color Multi-Purpose Display (CMPD) unit incorporates the messenger and rearview display. The cab provides an automotive feel with the industrial strength you would expect from Caterpillar.
Color Multi Purpose Display (CMPD)
The cab features a multi-screen display unit showing various levels of machine warning categories, performance and condition pages, including: Performance, Settings, Totals, Service, Machine Status, Operator, and Rearview Camera.
The monitoring system provides four warning categories.
- The first warning category requires only operator awareness.
- The second warning category requires a change in machine operation or maintenance to the system.
- The third warning category requires an immediate change of the machine operation.
- The fourth category requires the operator to immediately stop the machine.
The fourth category also requires the operator to immediately shut down the engine.
The low sloping hood and placement of the cooling package behind the cab give the operator excellent all-around visibility. The large glass area and central operator position also provide excellent visibility.
Transmission and Hoist Levers
The transmission lever offers excellent comfort and control for transmission selection, hold and neutral lock. The hoist lever provides easy, comfortable operation.
The front frame design features a large box section and wide, stiff frame beams to handle torque loads. The divergent frame design decreases stress in the hitch area and optimizes suspension geometry. The frame design makes maximum use of robotic welding for increased durability.
The four plate box constructed rear frame minimizes stress concentrations and provides low weight with long service life.
Extensive use of 450 Brinell hardened steel provides excellent impact and wear resistance. Body top rail design reduces material spillage at the loading area. Diverging flow construction gives clean load ejection which maximizes production and avoids the waste of material carry back.
The three-point oscillating axle front suspension provides unparalleled ride quality. It also protects the truck from adverse road conditions by absorbing shock loads that would reach the frame.
The articulating hitch provides the truck with steering articulation, and the oscillation ensures all-wheel ground contact in rough terrain.
The two-piece construction of the hitch features a durable cast steel head bolted to a hard wearing forged steel tube.
Cat Product Link*
Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of the Articulated Truck to improve overall fleet-management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink®. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working/idle time, fuel level and more. *Product Link licensing not available in all areas. Please consult your Cat dealer for availability.
- See your entire fleet at a glance
- Monitor fuel usage
- Set up site boundaries and security alerts
- Click through to your Cat dealer for service and parts
- Customize the alerts and displays that matter to you
- Compare working time versus idle time
- Reduce owning and operating costs
- Get the right information to the right people at the right time
- Vital Information Maintenance System (VIMS™) upgrades available
- Robust new hardware
- Remarkably intuitive web-based interface
- Satellite and cellular coverage
- Open-system design for mixed-fleet use
Long Service Intervals
Long engine oil change and hydraulic oil change intervals lower maintenance costs and downtime. Wheel-bearing adjustment is completely eliminated.
Lube points are grouped at the rear of the front frame and the front of the rear frame. Universal joints are lubed for life, eliminating servicing. Autolube is optional.
Mounted on the left side of the engine under the electrically raised hood:
- Engine dipstick and fill cap
- Transmission dipstick and fill cap
- Air, fuel water separator and fuel filters
- Electrically operated fuel-priming pump.
- Coolant level indicator and fill cap are outside the cab.
Electrical Service Center
Located inside the cab, this service center provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector.
Cat Data Link Connector
The Cat Data Link connector provides a plug-in using a laptop computer with Electronic Technician (ET) software.
The cab tilts to the side to provide easy access underneath, which simplifies access to the transmission, drive shafts and hydraulic pumps. Machine electrical and hydraulic interfaces are located on the right side of the cab, behind a removable cab body panel for easy access.
Make comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy. Your Cat dealer can help.
Consider the resale value; compare productivity and day-to-day operating costs and fuel consumption.
For the best operating techniques to increase productivity and your profit, turn to your Cat dealer for the latest training literature and trained staff.
Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Diagnostic programs such as S∙O∙SSM and Technical Analysis help you avoid unscheduled repairs.
Repair or rebuild? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the costs so you can make the right choice.
Your local Cat dealership will be with you every step of the way with its unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
For more complete information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us on the Web at www.cat.com.
Caterpillar has been and continues to be proactive in developing machines that meet or exceed safety standards. Safety is an integral part of all machines and system designs.
- Cab integral ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) and FOPS (Falling Object Protection System)
- Rearview camera system provides a continuous panoramic rearview or when reverse gear is selected
- The secondary and parking brake functions are spring applied and hydraulic released
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering system automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed. Can be manually selected for machine recovery purposes
- External engine fuel cut off switch for easy access from outside of the machine
- External electrical system disconnect switch for easy access from outside of the machine
- Slip resistant surfaces
- punched steel plate
- 75 mm (3 in) wide seat belts for operator/trainer and passenger
- Wide angled mirrors for excellent rear visibility
- Sweeping hood design for panoramic forward visibility
- Extensive handrails
- Body raised alarm
- Heated mirrors (optional)
- LED-flashing beacon (optional)
- LED width position marker lights for easier night time working
- Operator selectable machine speed limiting function
The 725C is designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
The Cat C9.3 ACERT engine incorporating U.S. EPA Tier 2 Final/EU Stage II emission requirements.
The Caterpillar Design, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test Site at Peterlee in England recycle 98% of all waste produced with zero waste to landfill. The 725C is manufactured to be rebuilt and remanufactured to reduce waste and replacement costs. The 725C is an efficient, productive machine that is designed to conserve our natural resources for generations ahead.
|Engine Model||Cat C9.3 ACERT|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||239.0 kW (320.0 hp)|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||234.0 kW (314.0 hp)|
|Bore||115.0 mm (4.53 in)|
|Stroke||149.0 mm (5.87 in)|
|Displacement||9.3 L (567.0 in3)|
|Engine Model - U.S. EPA Tier 2 Final/EU Stage II||Cat® C9.3 ACERT|
|Net Power - ISO 14396||236.0 kW (316.0 hp)|
|No Engine De-rating Required Below||2290.0 m (7500.0 ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)||1590.0 N·m (1173.0 lb ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Net (ISO 14396)||1573.0 N·m (1160.0 lb ft)|
|Peak Engine Torque Speed||1200.0 RPM (1200.0 RPM)|
|Rated Payload||23.6 tonnes (26.0 tons)|
|Heaped SAE 2:1||15 m3 (19.6 yd3)|
|Struck||11.0 m3 (14.4 yd3)|
|Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1||15.6 m3 (20.4 yd3)|
|Tailgate Struck||11.1 m3 (14.5 yd3)|
|Forward 1||8.0 km/h (5.0 mph)|
|Forward 2||15.0 km/h (9.0 mph)|
|Forward 3||22.0 km/h (14.0 mph)|
|Forward 4||34.0 km/h (21.0 mph)|
|Forward 5||48.0 km/h (30.0 mph)|
|Forward 6||56.0 km/h (35.0 mph)|
|Reverse 1||9.0 km/h (6.0 mph)|
|Front Axle - Empty||14050.0 kg (30975.0 lb)|
|Center Axle - Empty||4610.0 kg (10163.0 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Empty||4290.0 kg (9458.0 lb)|
|Total - Empty||22950.0 kg (50596.0 lb)|
|Front Axle - Rated Load||2460.0 kg (5423.0 lb)|
|Center Axle - Rated Load||10570.0 kg (23303.0 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Rated Load||10570.0 kg (23303.0 lb)|
|Total - Rated Load||23600.0 kg (52029.0 lb)|
|Front Axle - Loaded||16510.0 kg (36398.0 lb)|
|Center Axle - Loaded||15180.0 kg (33466.0 lb)|
|Rear Axle - Loaded||14860.0 kg (32761.0 lb)|
|Total - Loaded||46550.0 kg (102625.0 lb)|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||412.0 L (108.8 gal)|
|Cooling System||83.0 L (21.9 gal)|
|Hydraulic System||110.0 L (29.1 gal)|
|Engine Crankcase||38.0 L (10.0 gal)|
|Transmission||47.0 L (12.4 gal)|
|Final Drives/Differential||135.0 L (35.7 gal)|
|Output Transfer Gear Box||24.0 L (6.3 gal)|
|Interior Cab||76.0 dB(A) (76.0 dB(A))|
|Raise Time||10.0 Seconds (10.0 Seconds)|
|Lower Time||8.0 Seconds (8.0 Seconds)|
|Brakes||ISO 3450 - 2011|
|Cab/FOPS||ISO 3449 Level II - 2005|
|Cab/ROPS||ISO 3471 - 2008|
|Steering||ISO 5010 - 2007|
|Lock to Lock||4.75 seconds @ 60 rpm|
|Type||High Strength Brinell HB450 Wear Resistant Steel|
|Note||Dimensions are for machines equipped with 23.5R25 tires.|
|Turning Dimensions - Aisle width||5332.0 mm (210.0 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Clearance radius||8075.0 mm (318.0 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Inside radius||3879.0 mm (153.0 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - SAE turning radius||7470.0 mm (294.0 in)|
|Turning Dimensions - Steer angle - left/right||45.0 Degrees (45.0 Degrees)|
- Air conditioning with R134A refrigerant
- Air vents, adjustable
- Auto shift six-speed forward and one reverse, transmission
- Back up alarm
- Body, adapted for exhaust heat
- Cat C9.3 ACERT engine with Advanced Combustion Emissions Reduction Technology
- Cat rearview camera
- Color Multi-Purpose Display (CMPD) incorporating the cycle counter and rearview camera screen
- CD/Radio, heavy duty, ready
- Differentials, standard with clutched cross-axle differential locks, front and rear axles
- Dual circuit caliper disc brakes – all wheels
- Electrical system, 24-volt, 5A 24- to 12-volt converter
- Electro hydraulic hoist control
- Glass windows:
- laminated and tinted-front
- toughened and tinted-sides and rear
- Ground Speed Limiting Function
- Guards: rear window, radiator, crankcase and axle
- Heater and defroster with four-speed fan
- Horn, electric
- Lights: cab interior, front, width marker, side, rear, two reversing/work light, two stop/tail lights, front and rear direction indicators
- Mirrors, main and auxiliary, left and right
- Mud flaps, wheel arch and body mounted with transportation tiebacks
- Product Link PL 522 (U.S./Canada/Europe/Turkey/Australia/New Zealand)
- Retarder: retarder/hydraulic
- ROPS/FOPS cab, Machine Operation Monitoring System includes
- Action lamp, engine oil pressure, primary steering system, left turn signal, high beam, coolant temperature, tachometer, parking brake, fuel level, right turn signal, transmission oil temperature, brake system, transmission hold, hoist control, hydraulic system, charging system, retarder, transmission fault, traction control system, check engine lamp
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Alert indicator, selected gear and direction, speed or auto shift, review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM), primary steering failure, secondary steering failure, Machine Security System (MSS), secondary steering energy source engaged, hour meter and retarder active
- Seat, fully adjustable, air suspension
- Seat, padded companion/trainer
- Secondary steering – electronic
- S∙O∙S sampling valves
- Spill guard, front, integral part of fabricated body
- Starting receptacle, electric, remote
- Storage: cup holder, flask receptacle, under seat storage, door pocket, behind seat storage, coat hook
- Sun visor
- Three axle, six-wheel drive
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Tires, six 23.5R25, radial
- Tow pin, rear
- Two seat belts, operator’s retractable
- Vandalism protection: lockable caps for fuel tank and hydraulic oil tank
- Windows opening side, tinted
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed, intermittent (front)
- Auto lube installation for automatic greasing of bearings
- Body liners
- CD/Radio, heavy duty with auxiliary input
- Cold weather coolant -51° C (-60° F)
- Cold weather start attachment
- Engine block heater
- Ether Start
- Exhaust heated body
- Fast fuel fill
- Flashing LED beacon
- Fuel additive – anti-waxing
- Heated rearview motorized mirrors
- Heated seat
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Product Link PL 321, PL 523 (where available)
- Roof mounted, HID, work lights
- Tires, six 750/65
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed (rear)