304E2 CR Hydraulic Excavator Order Online
Productivity with Comfort and Quality
Operation and Hydraulic Control
Pushing Performance to the Limit
COMPASS Control Panel
Complete, Operation, Maintenance, Performance and Security System
Compact Radius Design
Ease of Transport, Access and Operation
A Strong Foundation
Maximize your productivity
Coupler and Work Tool Options
Versatility for Any Application
Serviceability and Support
Maximized Uptime and Ease of Service
Comfortable Working Environment
The high quality suspension seat, 76 mm (3 in) retractable seat belt, easy to adjust armrests, and ergonomic layout provide superior comfort and reduce operator fatigue. The new interlocking front window system, updated operator interface and 100% pilot controls provide a best-in-class operator station and customer value.
The boom swing and auxiliary hydraulic functions are located at your fingertips providing smooth, easy operation. They also eliminate foot pedals and free up the floor for more room for the operator’s feet. 100% pilot controls provide consistent flow and pressure throughout the life of the machine. This allows all controls to be locked out while starting the machine.
Powerful Digging, Precise Control
The new High Definition Hydraulic (HDH) System in the E2 machines provides a load sensing and flow sharing capability leading to operational precision, efficient performance and greater control. By combining variable pump efficiency, open center valve simplicity, and a simple architecture the valve achieves controllability. The simple valve architecture reduces heat which leads to a reduction in hydraulic instability and improved overall efficiency.
200 Degree Bucket Rotation
Industry leading bucket rotation of over 200 degrees provides greater material retention during truck loading. It also allows for easier vertical wall digging without repositioning the machine.
Each of the E2 models is equipped with the engine solution to best support the power and performance required based on the weight class and application. Also, standard features like auto idle offer consistent lower engine speeds to increase engine life and offer fuel savings.
Automatic Two Speed
With the standard automatic two speed feature, the machine will automatically balance high speed and torque travel requirements based on job site conditions to give the operator the optimum speed and control. The machine can be put in low gear if slower travel is desired while in tight conditions.
UNLOCK the new features and experience the value of the exclusive COMPASS control panel on the E2 Series compact excavators
The COMPASS control panel on the Cat E2 Series mini hydraulic excavators was specifically designed by Caterpillar for compact excavators. It adds several new features to the machines increasing the amount of customer value. All of the following features are now standard on all E2 Series models. Complete
- All of the control panel features are standard; Operation
- Simple operation of the pattern changer, hydraulic quick coupler and fuel gauge visibility all at the push of a button; Maintenance
- Maintenance intervals, diagnostics and work hours; Performance
- Save up to 20% fuel while maintaining optimum performance levels; And; Security
- Anti-theft device with individual user and master passwords; System
- Ergonomically designed control panel
Passcode Protected Security System
A standard anti-theft device now comes on every E2 Series compact excavator. A five digit alphanumeric password is required to start the machine when the anti-theft feature is enabled. There is a master password and up to five user passwords can be created by the owner if desired. Keep your machine safe on a busy job site by locking it when you are not around.
Adjustable Auxiliary Work Tool Flow Control
The E2 Series machines now have simple adjustability of the flow going down the boom and stick to the work tool. Both the standard main line and optional secondary auxiliary hydraulics can be adjusted on a scale of 1–15 through a few buttons on the control panel. Adjust the flow to your different tools with a simple push of a button.
Once this feature is enabled through a button on the monitor, the E2 Series machines can run in continuous flow mode. With the auxiliary hydraulics on the right hand joystick, just hold the roller switch at the desired flow rate and direction for 2.5 seconds and the machine will maintain that flow rate until it is turned off. Maintain hydraulic flow to your tools at any flow and in any direction with the simple push of a button.
Change the operating pattern between excavator and backhoe with a simple press of a button from the comfort of the cab. Exclusive push button pattern changer is safe and easy.
Maintenance and Performance Information
Easily keep track of various maintenance and performance parameters of your machine. Reset the maintenance intervals and ensure the machine is receiving proper care maximizing the life of the machine.
The compact radius design gives greater machine versatility and the capability to work within confined areas. This allows the operator to concentrate on the work being done without having to worry about damaging the back of the machine or other job site obstacles.
Zero Tail Swing
The 304E2 CR model features a zero tail swing design. On this model, the radius of the upper body stays entirely within the width of the undercarriage.
The standard rubber track lets you work on multiple surfaces such as grass, pavement or stone without damaging the surface or machine.
Steel Track Option
Optional steel track is available for harsh conditions such as demolition. The extra weight of the steel tracks generally provides better stability when digging over the side of the machine.
Simple Dozer Control with Float Function
The dozer function is pilot controlled from inside the cab, providing smooth, proportional operation. The standard float function is enabled by pushing the lever fully forward into the detent position. Cleanup and backfilling is easier since the operator does not have to adjust the blade height during travel.
Excellent Blade Visibility
Visibility to the blade is excellent in any position, allowing the blade to be positioned behind the operator and away from the front linkage for better access when back dragging and finishing in tight areas.
Angle Blade Option
Increase machine versatility with the Cat angle dozer blade. Built for strength and durability, the hydraulic angle blade features a hardened steel wear edge and good protection to cylinders and hydraulic lines. The angle blade can be positioned straight ahead or angled up to 25 degrees to the left or right. This reduces the number of times required to back up and reposition when backfilling so you can finish the job faster. All functions of the blade are controlled with one joystick using a proportional roller switch for the angle function.
The E2 Series is available with a mechanical pin-grabber or a hydraulic pin-grabber quick coupler option. The coupler design uses a wedge to keep the tool secure to the coupler, reducing wear and maintaining a tight fit through the life of the coupler. The hydraulic coupler allows the operator to change tools without leaving the comfort of the cab.
Wide Range of Work Tools
A wide range of Cat Work Tools have been designed specifically for the Cat Mini Hydraulic Excavators to maximize machine performance. Available work tools include:
- Buckets (heavy duty and heavy duty capacity)
- Tilting, Ditch Cleaning Buckets
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Thumbs (not available in all regions)
- Vibratory Compactors
- Quick Coupler
Standard Thumb Ready Sticks
Machines come standard with stick mounted brackets, ready to fit a hydraulic thumb for even greater machine versatility. A factory installed bracket and relief valve make hydraulic thumb installation simple and cost-effective.
Standard Auxiliary Lines and Accumulator
One-way and two-way auxiliary lines (combined function), including quick connections, are fitted as standard equipment so the machine comes ready to work. A standard accumulator allows for auxiliary pressure to be released, making connecting and disconnecting work tools safer and easier.
Extended service intervals, durable components, and ease of service access points decrease your owning and operating costs while increasing your long-term value.
- Lifting side hood allows access to air filter, main implement valve, 1-way/2-way auxiliary flow selector, accumulator, fuel filter and hydraulic tank. This eliminates the need to lift the cab when maintaining and servicing the machine.
- Swing open door provides access to major components and service points including engine oil check and fill, vertically mounted engine oil filter, starter motor and alternator.
- Easy access to the radiator and oil cooler results in simplified cleaning and reduced maintenance times.
- S·O·SSM oil sampling valve allows easy sampling of the hydraulic fluid for preventative maintenance.
- 500 hour engine oil and filter change period reduces operating costs and machine downtime.
Customer Support You Can Count On
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs.
- Unmatched parts availability keeps you working.
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production.
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine.
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit www.cat.com.
|Engine Model||Cat® C2.4|
|Net Power||30 kW (40.2 hp)|
|Net Power (ISO 9249)||30 kW (40.2 hp)|
|Operating Weight||4039 kg (8906 lb)|
|Operating Weight with Cab||4039 kg (8906 lb)|
|Bore||87 mm (3.4 in)|
|Stroke||102.4 mm (4 in)|
|Displacement||2.4 L (146 in3)|
|Travel Speed u2013 High||5.2 km/h (3.2 mph)|
|Travel Speed u2013 Low||3.3 km/h (2.1 mph)|
|Maximum Traction Force u2013 High Speed||16.9 kN (3799 lbf)|
|Maximum Traction Force u2013 Low Speed||31.0 kN (6969 lbf)|
|Pump Flow||100 L/min (26.4 gal/min)|
|Operating Pressure u2013 Equipment||245 bar (3553 psi)|
|Operating Pressure u2013 Travel||245 bar (3553 psi)|
|Operating Pressure u2013 Swing||216 bar (3132 psi)|
|Auxiliary Circuit u2013 Primary||70 L/min (18.5 gal/min)|
|Auxiliary Circuit u2013 Secondary||25 L/min (6.6 gal/min)|
|Digging Force = Stick (standard)||21.6 kN (4856 lbf)|
|Digging Force = Stick (long)||19.5 kN (4384 lbf)|
|Machine Swing Speed||10 rpm (10 rpm)|
|Boom Swing u2013 Left (without stop)||70u00b0|
|Boom Swing u2013 Left (with stop)||55u00b0|
|Swing u2013 Right||50u00b0|
|Width||1950 mm (77 in)|
|Height||325 mm (13 in)|
|Dig Depth||470 mm (19 in)|
|Lift Height||400 mm (16 in)|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||5.5 L (1.5 gal)|
|Engine Oil||7.0 L (1.8 gal)|
|Hydraulic Tank||42.3 L (11.2 gal)|
|Fuel Tank||46 L (12.2 gal)|
|Hydraulic System||65 L (17.2 gal)|
|Rated Net Power (ISO 9249)||30 kW (40.2 hp)|
|Gross Power||31.2 kW (41.8 hp)|
|Note||Cat C2.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIA emission standards.|
|Operating Weight with Canopy||3884 kg (8564 lb)|
|Note||Weight includes rubber tracks, bucket, operator, full fuel and auxiliary lines.|
|Maximum Dig Depth||3430 mm (135 in)|
|Ground Pressure||29.5 kPa (4.3 psi)|
|Digging Force = Bucket||37.8 kN (8498 lbf)|
|Note||Load sensing hydraulics with variable displacement piston pump.|
- 1-way and 2-way (combined function) auxiliary hydraulic lines
- Adjustable auxiliary flow control for work tools
- Adjustable wrist rests
- Anti-theft security system
- Automatic engine idle
- Automatic swing park brake
- Automatic two speed travel
- Auxiliary line quick disconnects
- Boom cylinder guard
- Cab mounted work light
- Canopy with Top Guard ISO 10262 (Level 1), ROPS ISO 12117-2 and TOPS ISO 12117
- Coat hook
- COMPASS display panel
- Cup holder
- Continuous flow
- Control pattern changer (not available in Europe)
- Dozer blade with float function
- Floor mat
- Foot travel pedals
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Lifting eye on bucket linkage (standard equipment for all regions except Europe)
- Lockable storage box
- Low maintenance linkage pin joints
- Maintenance free battery
- Rubber track
- Retractable seatbelt
- – Long stick (optional in Europe)
- Suspension seat, vinyl covered
- Thumb Ready sticks (standard equipment for all regions except Europe)
- Travel alarm (optional in Europe)
- Air conditioning
- Angle dozer blade with float function
- Beacon socket for canopy machines
- Boom check valve (Europe only)
- Boom mounted light
- Cab, radio ready with Top Guard ISO 10262 (Level 1), ROPS ISO 12117-2 and TOPS ISO 12117 with heater/defroster, interior light and windshield wiper/washer
- Ecology drain valve for hydraulic tank
- High back suspension seat, fabric covered
- Hydraulic quick coupler lines
- Lifting eye on bucket linkage (optional in Europe, standard for all other regions)
- – Standard stick (Europe only)
- Mechanical quick coupler
- Mirrors for cab and canopy
- Seatbelt, 75 mm (3 in) wide (optional in Europe, standard in all other regions)
- Secondary auxiliary hydraulic lines
- Steel track and steel track with rubber pads