Cavpower Response Plan to COVID-19 and Business Continuity Planning
Updated 7th April 2020
Cavpower is monitoring the development of this situation daily and is modifying business practices accordingly in line with advice and statements from the Australian Government and Federal health departments, as required.
It is important you know that we have a business continuity plan in place, and we are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to protect our employees, customers, business partners and communities.
“The needs of the customer come first” continues to be our principal value and is what we will strive to achieve in these challenging times. We recognise that many of our customers are deemed as an essential service and you can continue to count on Cavpower to provide the support you need, while ensuring your safety.
We remain open for business and have implemented practices across our branches to help minimise COVID-19 risks. At this point in time we are not aware of any impact to supply, however if there are any changes to our service capabilities and/or supply chain we will provide updates to our customers.
Steps we have taken to ensure we protect our employees, customers and to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- We will continue to monitor the WHO and Australian Government websites and implement policies aligned to their guidelines
- Established guidelines for employees working from home
- Minimised face to face meetings with internal staff and customers where possible by using online meetings
- Taking extra measures to sanitise at all branches and implement social distancing
- Taking extra measures to sanitise all equipment after servicing work, rental returns and machine inspections
In the interest of our employees and the community we request that you do not visit our sites if:
- You have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days;
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days;
- You have any COVID-19 like or flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, running nose, fatigue).
When visiting our sites, we kindly request that you adhere to our business practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing and keep 1.5 metres between you and others
- No handshaking or other physical touching
- Utilise provided hand sanitiser after touching pens, door handles etc.
We are doing our part to practice social distancing and understand customers who prefer to engage with us remotely. We have a range of resources available online or over the phone to help us in best supporting you and keeping your operations running successfully.
Our workshops across all branches are open and continuing work on machines with new safety guidelines in place for our technicians. High touch points of equipment will be cleaned and disinfected upon completion of every job.
Our Field Service team is still available for urgent repairs and on-site servicing. Our technicians will follow social distancing practices whilst on site and will do everything they can to meet your jobsite requirements. We will ensure high touch points of the equipment have been cleaned and disinfected upon completion of each job.
Please call your local branch for your field service needs and assistance on 8343 1400 to speak with our friendly staff.
Service bookings can also be made on our website – simply visit our Service page.
Our Parts Distribution Centre is open for orders and collection. Our staff are taking extra precautions to meet social distancing practices and ensuring all areas on site are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
When visiting our branches please adhere to social distancing practices and where possible use card only payments for cash accounts.
We have other resources available to help you order and receive parts without having to visit us on site:
- Place parts orders online 24/7 at parts.cat.com and choose freight options at checkout to have the parts delivered to you directly.
- To learn more about Cat.com or to register visit our Buy Parts Online page
- You can also email email@example.com for Parts Distribution branch
- For regional branches please visit our Locations page to select the branch closest to you
- Call us on (08) 8139 4300 to place an order and arrange delivery options
New and Used Equipment Sales, Product Support, Power Systems
Our New and Used Equipment Sales and Product Support teams are available but are working from home whenever possible and will only be visiting sites by your request for essential needs only, while following COVID-19 precautions.
Machine inspections will take place by appointments only, please call our sales team on
08 8343 1600 to organise an inspection of a machine.
We ask if you are inspecting a machine on our sites that you adhere to our social distancing practices and keep 1.5m between you and the sales representative. High touchpoints of the machine will be cleaned and disinfected after inspections.
Our sales team will continue their best efforts to meet your needs through phone calls, emails and other forms of online communications.
For customers who do not have an assigned Sales Team Territory Manager please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cat Rental Store is open with a large range of machines available to rent.
You can browse equipment and request a quote online or you can call us on 1800 228 736 for a quote or further assistance.
All rental equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after returning from rent and prior to leaving our site for rent.
Where possible employees who can work from home are now working from home. While business continues to operate our employees are doing their best to provide support to you. We encourage email and phone communication with our admin staff at this time and if you require a meeting with an employee to organise this over communication channels e.g. Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
Your business is important to us and our goal is to support and minimise disruption for our customers. We thank you for your support and understanding with this situation. We will continue to keep you updated regarding any developments on Cavpower’s current position on this matter.
Cavpower are here and ready to help you. We are committed to the safety, well-being and success of our customers and will continue to serve our valued customers and community during this crisis.
For further information on COVID-19 please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website – click here